2 Permanent Positions based in our Zetland or Oatley Depot, Competitive salary with 15.5% Super, 9 Day working Fortnight.
Your role at Ausgrid
This role predominately undertakes maintenance and commissioning of primary, secondary, and communications equipment in distribution, zone and sub-transmission substations and networks. We have 3 different levels available, please review each different grading for B1, B2 and the highest, C1.
You will be able to:
- Safely undertake work to the approved standards of quality, cost and time, ensuring safety remains the primary focus at all times
- Maintain and Fault Find primary and secondary systems in line with experience as set out in the Occupational Capability Requirements
- Continually gain experience Maintaining, Fault Finding and Commissioning other primary and secondary systems under the supervision and guidance of suitably qualified frontline employees
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone that is qualified with a relevant electrical trade Cert III Electrotechnology Systems Electrician (or equivalent) as well as the below:
- Class C drivers licence
- Electrical Safety Rules accreditation and other relevant statutory training
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutes, regulations and procedures such as safe working practices, network standards and codes of practice
- WH&S WorkCover General Induction
- Relevant Class 5 Operating Authority
- SP1000 (or equivalent Advanced Trade Technician Course)
- Experience whilst under instruction in carrying out Maintenance and Fault Finding of Protection systems with low impact to Network, Customers & Safety and being typically associated with the Distribution Network. E.g. Distribution Subs, Zone 11kV, Reclosers & Regulators Distribution Network. E.g. Distribution Subs, Zone 11kV, Reclosers & Regulators
Why work for us
Our people are the most important part of our business. We offer professional and technical positions, from apprenticeships & traineeships to senior leadership roles, across a broad range of disciplines.
We offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- Pay for performance culture
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Staff club
- Corporate Health plan
- Health and Wellness fitness program
- Annual Flu vaccine
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Strong focus on mental health and much more
Ausgrid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an equal opportunity employer, our people are made up of a diverse mix of ages, backgrounds, skills and professions. This diverse mix of talent and perspectives is recognised, valued and encouraged through various programs and initiatives.
Ausgrid is an energy services business that operates the largest electricity network in Australia. We deliver a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.7 million homes and businesses and connect communities across more than 22,000 square kilometres. Our operations include infrastructure construction and maintenance, customer connections, street lighting and metering and testing services.
Ausgrid's vision is to be a leading energy solutions provider, recognised both locally and globally. To achieve this vision, all Ausgrid employees commit to living our values in all they do, so that we:
- Work Safe, Live Safe to protect self, other people and the environment
- Take responsibility to be Honest and Accountable
- Treat everyone with Respect
To apply for this role click apply Please submit your application by addressing your suitability for the role via a cover letter and uploading your resume
Applications will close on 28 February at 11:55pm