This vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, reflecting our commitment to the ABC's Reconciliation Action Plan, ABC Diversity and Inclusion Plan 2019 - 2022 and the Equal Employment Opportunity (Commonwealth Authorities) Act 1987.
- Permanent Part-Time vacancy (3 days p/week)
- Ultimo, Sydney: Convenient CBD location (near Central Station)
- $60K - $66K (pro rata) plus 15.4% Nominated Super
- Immediate start
About the Role
Under the direction of the manager and other senior team members, the Marketing Assistant will:
- assist in duties associated with strategic marketing and content distribution campaigns
- coordinate and brief the creative assets for priority marketing campaigns
- assist with writing, setting up and distributing newsletters and communicating marketing plan activities
With good communication skills and a can do attitude, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- previous administrative/ marketing support experience
- the ability to manage own workload to ensure timely completion of tasks
- the ability to plan and use resources in a cost effective manner with good attention to detail
- Qualifications in marketing, publishing or media are desirable (or working towards) however is not essential for the role
About ABC Audiences
ABC Audiences is made up of a passionate group of marketing, brand, creative, audience experience, UX and audience insights specialists who have audiences at the heart of all they do. They're responsible for leading the ABC’s brand and audience strategies, acquiring and engaging audiences both within our broadcast and digital ecosystems and working collaboratively with partner divisions to lead an integrated approach to audience insights, branding, acquisition and retention strategies, and communication.
Working at the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With more than 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across more than 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
The ABC's a great place to work; we provide various opportunities for Indigenous staff, including attending the national Indigenous staff conference, activities during NAIDOC week, regular networking events and mentoring support.
You'll have a friendly and supportive environment to learn and grow in, with a vibrant, dynamic and cohesive team and a manager who will help you with any questions and give you regular opportunities to talk about your progress. You'll also have access to a network of Indigenous staff and support from the ABC's Lead, Indigenous Employment and Diversity.
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 14 March
Please complete the online application form and submit as part of your application a Cover Letter and Resume. (Please note, there is no requirement to address the Selection Criteria as part of your application.)