New group within TAFE NSW, Fully Funded, Highly Visible Position.
TAFE NSW is currently undergoing major transformation; through the Modernisation Program we are investing in a sustainable and innovative future and we recognise that our people are critical to our success.
TAFE NSWs purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow through a network of training resources, including Centres of Excellence, Connected Learning Centres, modern campuses, and workplaces supported by technology and state-of-the-art facilities in metropolitan and regional areas.
Key to the success of the Modernisation Program is the Head of Systems Group Design who is responsible for solutions design, embedding design thinking and the design and implementation of UX & UI solutions design to meet desired business outcomes. This position reports to GM Systems Group Solutions Delivery.
Direct reports: 2
Indirect reports: 12
Reporting to: GM Systems Group Solutions Delivery
- Lead the establishment of current user centric UX & UI design to the benefit of TAFE NSW Systems Group Platforms through the management of dedicated UX & UI research and design teams, as well as Systems Group Solutions Design experts.
- Develop and lead the establishment of the UX & UI research and design practices to ensure the design of high end effective digital products that deliver on the vision and business requirements of the Platform Business owners.
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders to ensure relevant data/information strategies are developed and implemented.
- Develop the solutions design practice in accordance with the enterprise architecture guidelines to ensure design solutions have a positive impact and enhance the customer experience.
- Collaborate with Future & Innovation teams to embed the TAFE NSW CX Strategy & Design Thinking Framework into the design and delivery of the Systems Group Platforms.
- Engage senior managers across TAFE NSW, to operationalise ideas and innovations to an enterprise scale.
- Participate and guide the design of solutions within Systems Group platforms, projects, lean agile delivery and operations and to drive continuous improvement and ensure all solutions support accessible content and comply to accessibility requirements.
- Manage communication channels efficiently and effectively and direct enquiries as appropriate to facilitate the delivery of solutions across the diverse range of technologies and platforms.
- Ensure the accurate monitoring, management and reporting of Systems Group platform performance is continually reviewed and optimised for ongoing delivery performance enhancements.
- Champions user-centred design and secures organisational commitment to the significant involvement of users in research to achieve a deep understanding of their current and future needs.
- Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure research continually informs the development of systems, interactions, products and services to optimise utility and usability for users and enable them to achieve their required outcomes.
- Develops or sources organisational resources and capabilities to facilitate adoption and exploitation of user research, including specialist user centred facilities and user communities.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to facilitate effective user research.
- Obtains organisational commitment to policies, standards, and strategies to deliver required usability, accessibility and security.
- Specifies user experience design standards and methods to meet organisational objectives for systems, products and services and combining digital and off-line experiences.
- Plans and leads user experience design activities for strategic, large and complex programmes.
To apply, please submit your CV via the Apply button. Suitable candidates will be contacted via telephone in the first instance.