Well regarded ASX 100 company and global market leader, Permanent position, great benefits and development, Values-driven company with an attractive salary package.
Iluka Resources is an international mineral sands company with expertise in exploration, development, mining, processing, marketing and rehabilitation. Our purpose is to deliver sustainable value for our employees and all stakeholders. With over 3000 direct employees, our people are the foundation of our business and are vital to our success now and into the future. Iluka offers a safe, empowering and inclusive work environment that is as diverse as the communities in which we operate.
The Narngulu Mineral Separation Plant (MSP) based in Geraldton is one of the largest mineral processing facilities globally and the mineral processing hub for Ilukas Australian operations. It is capable of accepting heavy mineral concentrate (HMC) feed stocks from various production sources, currently treating heavy mineral concentrate from the companys Jacinth-Ambrosia mine in South Australia and Ilukas new Cataby mine site in Western Australia.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, motivated and experienced Project Manager to join our Narngulu Operations. Based in Geraldton and reporting to the Manager Sustaining Capital Projects, the primary purpose of this role is to manage the scoping, planning, execution and close-out of a portfolio of small to medium sized projects across both Narngulu and Eneabba Operations.
In addition, the role is responsible for managing the annual Narngulu Operations sustaining maintenance program to ensure the ongoing integrity of the MSP and associated infrastructure to maximise production whilst minimising costs through establishing a sound rationale for required works to ensure they are delivered efficiently.
Specific responsibilities will be:
- Project management including scoping, planning execution and close-out of projects and major sustaining works
- Liaising with consultants, contractors, suppliers and regulatory authorities
- Providing input into the projects estimates and closely monitoring costs of projects
- Maintain detailed schedules and work plans to effectively manage costs, time and resources
- Provide guidance on complex technical problems as required to ensure satisfactory completion of design and construction conforming to Australian and Iluka standards
- Leadership and development of the small site-based projects and sustaining maintenance team
- Management of contractors to ensure conformity to all Iluka safety requirements and engineering/construction standards
- Strong focus on Health, Safety and Environment and compliance
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Degree in Metallurgy, Engineering, Project Management or similar relevant discipline
- Significant experience in the mining industry
- An individual who can effectively manage relationships, build networks and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise technical reports
- An understanding of health, safety, environmental and community standards and a commitment to continuous improvement
What we offer:
Iluka values its employees and understands the importance of a strong benefits package. Your contributions will be rewarded with a supportive work environment, attractive remuneration package, as well as being part of a valuesdriven company committed to your professional development. The position is residential working 5 days on, 2 days off, standard 40 hours per week. Domestic relocation assistance is available.
If you share our values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Accountability and Collaboration; and you have the skills and experience to help us to succeed and deliver sustainable value, apply now.
All queries and applications will be handled in strict confidence.
We reserve the right to remove or modify any listing without notice.
Applications close: 26 February 2021
We respect and encourage diversity in a workforce that reflects our communities.