Great roster that's Geraldton based, Great pay rates, Join a rapidly growing team!.
QEM Group Australia Pty Ltd is a Geraldtons only turnkey solution company for the resources industry.
We have exciting news!! We have over 50 jobs to commence over the course of the next 2 months to complement our current 60 employees dedicated to this project, the 50 new positions will assist for a new haulage and Crushing/screening mining project located in the Goldfields/Midwest.
This means we need Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics for local Geraldton and multiple field service roles.
For local work the roster is 7:7 - be home every night!!
Site Based 2&1 roster, day and night shift
This role is responsible for carrying out local on-site maintenance and repairs to a variety of Quad side tipper combinations with 18 speed road ranger gearboxes, predominantly Mack and Kenworth prime movers. Also some Earthmoving Equipment including Caterpillar Mobile Plant.
The successful applicant will need to be a highly experienced tradesperson with extensive knowledge in fault finding, troubleshooting, remote field service and the repair and maintenance of heavy mobile plant.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct repairs and maintenance to a high standard
- Auto Electrician experience highly favored
- Electrical and Hydraulic system diagnosis and repair
- Maintaining work areas to a high standard of housekeeping
- Developing parts lists to be ordered in advance
- Conducting pre-task risk assessments and identifying adequate hazard control measures
- Working both autonomously and within a team environment
- A strong commitment to QEM's Company Vision and Values
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate (Heavy)
- Ability to complete repairs within strict time frames
- Experience with diagnostics and fault finding on Mack and Kenworth Prime Movers as well as Caterpillar mobile plant in remote locations and workshop environments
- Ability to mobilise at short notice
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Commitment to safe work practices
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screen
Applicants must be motivated, possess initiative and be capable of working safely without supervision
If you believe you have the drive and motivation to succeed in the position above, please forward your Resume, outlining relevant accreditations and experience to:
Only those candidates who meet the above essential criteria will be contacted.