Consistent stable hours with voluntary overtime!, Fixed Term Full Time 12 Month & 6 month opportunities with potential extension, Work close to home!.
Most of us have fond memories of our local ‘Postie’ – the friendly face on the motorbike who delivered our letters and parcels. They’ve always been an essential part of Australia Post’s mail business, and as more of our customers embrace online and digital communications, it’s a role that’s only grown more significant.
We are always looking for ways to improve our equipment and uniforms and this is your chance to help us grow in refreshingly modern direction like delivering on an Electric Delivery Vehicle (EDV), our newest addition to the delivery fleet.
About the role
As one of our Postal Delivery Officers (PDOs), you’ll start your days sorting mail – before hopping on EDV, an Electric Delivery Vehicle provided by Australia Post, and delivering mail and parcels to customers.
To do that, you’ll need:
- To successfully pass our practical driving / riding skills assessment
- To be fit enough to lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly each day
- Meet our EeVee’ safe working load limit (so you’ll need to weigh 130kg or less when fully clothed)
- A current unrestricted car licence (a provisional licence will also be considered)
- A current unrestricted motorcycle licence (R Class Licence ONLY)
What are we looking for
- A friendly, reliable and considerate personality – with a real knack for communicating and interacting with others (after all, you’ll be constantly talking with our customers)
- Someone who enjoys early morning starts, and can be counted on to deliver mail to where it needs to go
- A commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- The flexibility to stay until the job’s done if need be – and a real desire to help the team.
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career
Get started by registering your interest.
We're working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process,