At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Senior Medium Term Planning Engineer, you will responsible for the active management of the site medium term planning function and delivery of medium term mine planning work packages
In This Role You Will:
- Be responsible for the generation of timely and accurate Medium Term Planning work packages for the site:
- Rolling 12 week schedules
- Quarterly forecasts
- Optimsation of stope and development designs
- Identification of value accretive opportunities within the Medium Term Planning horizon
- Conduct economic evaluations medium term development and stoping layouts
- Execute Medium Term Mine Planning standard procedures, guidelines, standards, best practices and planning improvement initiatives at the site, including consideration of safety in design
- Support and collaborate with the centralised Resource Estimation & Mine Planning teams in the generation of the 0 to 2 years portion of the Business Plan to ensure a single integrated Life of Asset Business Plan for the site as part of bridge planning
- Liaise with geology and geotechnical engineers to determine and apply design criteria for the mine being designed
- Liaise with mine operations to ensure practicality of designs
- Support site Full Potential project work as required
- Collaborate with the Tanami Expansion 2 (TE2) Project Team to ensure TE2 activities are incorporated in Medium Term Plans with the appropriate level of priority
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist:
- B.Sc. Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in arrange of mine planning horizons including long term mine planning, production support, mine operations and design in large and diversified mine sites, with preference for experience in conventional hard rock Gold / Copper-Gold operations
- Experience in operations with complex multi mine, multi process situations
- knowledge of mine methods, mine design, production scheduling (strategic and tactical), equipment selection, reserve estimation and economic evaluations
- High level of competence in the use of mine planning software, including optimization techniques and experience with mine design and scheduling packages from Deswik, Geovia Whittle, MineSight, or Maptek
- Knowledge of unit costing methods and experienced in financial analysis and financial models. Experience with Xeras cost estimating tool a plus.
This role is Fly In, Fly Out from Brisbane, Darwin, Alice Springs or Perth on an 8/6 roster.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.