Full-time opportunity, Work a 9-day fortnight, Development and support provided for the right candidate.
Remuneration: Attractive package with generous allowances
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
As a Locomotive Maintainer (Mechanical Fitter) you will perform maintenance and modification on rollingstock. This role is located in the heart of Bowen and offers a fantastic lifestyle opportunity.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, fault rectification duties, repairs, modifications and preventative maintenance procedures on rollingstock, components and associated equipment to meet the operational requirements of the specific location.
- Mentor and assist the development of apprentices and maintainers.
- Assist with the implementation and development of quality improvement in the area to enhance customer service.
- Hold a mechanical/fitter qualification or equivalent
- High level of skill in trouble shooting, fault rectification, minor repairs and the carrying out of preventative maintenance procedures on rollingstock or similar equipment.
- Substantial skills in working in a collaborative work environment.
- Sound level of skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication.
- Be computer literate
Please note – this is not a FIFO position, only candidates willing to be based in the Bowen region should apply.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.