Saint Ignatius' College, Adelaide is a leading Catholic, co-educational, day school conducted by the Jesuits and inspired by the Ignatian charism. The College caters for more than 1,400 students across an Early Years (3-5 year olds), Junior School (R-6), and a Senior School (7-12).
Established in 1951, the mission of the College is to provide a premium education that encourages students to a life-long development of their faith and service. It aims to produce people of human excellence with the ability and desire to make the world a better place. The College has a proud record of excellent results and supporting all students to reach their potential.
The College invites applications from experienced Payroll Officers who can demonstrate a passion about their profession.
The Payroll Officer will commence in Term 1, 2021. This is a permanent position on a 0.4 FTE basis. Based at our Senior School Campus, located at Athelstone and responsible for the processing of 150+ pays each fortnight. This position reports to the Finance Manager with a close relationship with the People and Culture Manager in relation to employee queries.
- Ensure the end-to-end payroll function is prepared within set timelines;
- Complete all end of month processing and end of year activities are completed;
- Process and administer all fortnightly salaries, personal and long service leave, superannuation, salary sacrifice and monthly journals;
- Ensure timesheets received are correctly filled out and approved;
- Ensure all filing is up to date each fortnight;
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge of legislative frameworks in relation to payroll, leave, super and taxation;
- Have experience processing payroll for 150+ employees;
- Experience with Preceda payroll and knowledge of the Catholic Education sector will be highly regarded;
- Possess or be willing to obtain, a police clearance and complete Responding to Abuse and Neglect Training;
- Have a current Working with Children Check;
- Support and attend College activities as required;
- Have high levels of confidentiality, attention to detail and accuracy;
- Be able to meet strict deadlines;
- Be flexible and adaptable;
- Work well in a team.
The successful applicant must be an engaging person who prides themselves on being an effective payroll officer, has high levels of communication and can build meaningful relationships with staff.
For more information and to obtain a position description, and Applicant Declaration form, please visit the College website: https://ignatius.sa.edu.au
Applications should be submitted in PDF format with a completed Applicant Declaration form for the attention of Jacquie Dealtry, People and Culture Manager and emailed to [email protected]
The closing date for applications will be 9:00am Thursday, 19 November 2020.
Late applications cannot be accepted. Saint Ignatius' College is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Saint Ignatius College is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity in its community.