Two positions are available - Full Time Equivalent and a Casual position, Salary Packaging & FBT Exemption Benefits, Friendly and Collaborative environment.
Two positions are available - Full Time Equivalent and a Casual position
Salary Packaging & FBT Exemption Benefits
Friendly and Collaborative environment
bestchance Child Family Care is an independent, not-for-profit community organisation which has been providing high quality support to children and families since 1895.
We have over 750 Staff Members and 100 Volunteers delivering a range of educational programs accredited under the Department of Education and Training. These programs include Early Childhood Learning and Development for children under the age of five and Primary Education for children with social/emotional and learning difficulties. These programs are complemented by a range of support services for parents and families such as Early Childhood Intervention and Family Support Services.
bestchance Child Family Care provides a supportive environment to grow, nurture and develop strong bonds with children and families.
We have two positions available, Full Time Equivalent and a Casual position with ideal candidates available to start preferably as soon as possible.
Your key responsibilities include but at not limited to:
- Actioning maintenance requests that come through via our fresh desk ticketing system and responding to emergency maintenance requests as directed by the Facilities Team Leader.
- Performs routine maintenance and establish preventative measures as required.
- Carry out minor repairs to fixtures and fittings such as walls, doors, door hardware, joinery and furniture,
- Provide assistance with deliveries, set up and pack up of site activities and events as required.
- Work across different sites
To be successful in these roles you will possess the following:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work semi-autonomously
- Experience and understanding of Legislative requirements for Essential Services and WHS requirements for maintenance & repairs
- A strong commitment to, and proven experience in safe working practices and safety issues relevant to trade
- Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence
by close of business Friday 4 December 2020
Please note you must address which position you are most interested (Full time or Casual) in for your application to be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.