At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live in the South West, only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer.One of thelargest gold producers in Australia, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity.
You will work a 5/2, 4/3 roster with the opportunity to live locally and go home each day, DIDO with accommodation in our Village is also an option.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Mining Asset Manager, the Superintendent, Shovel and Drill Maintenance is responsible for managing and delivering the maintenance strategies for the Boddington owner operated shovel and drill fleet through self-perform maintenance and repair contractors, and by ensuring compliance with all safety, environment, community, business and commercial aspects of the operation.
With nine direct reports, and over 130 indirect reports, you are responsible for the maintenance of a mining fleet including Caterpillar 7495HD electric rope shovels, Caterpillar 6090 hydraulic shovels and other hydraulic loading units, 18 drill rigs, overall responsibility of the fabrication workshop and contracts including maintenance of all ancillary equipment onsite.
In This Role You Will:
- Coordinate the effective maintenance of the surface mining equipment, repairs of all mining equipment attachments by way of fabrication works and ancillary equipment in accordance with budget and business plan requirements.
- Operational management and administration of the maintenance and repair contracts (MARC) to ensure the contractors meet all objectives for mine fleet maintenance including recruitment, occupational health and safety, environmental compliance, cost and budget, mine production.
- Facilitate a regime of coordination, cooperation and efficiency between the different owner maintenance, maintenance contractors and with the mine production and mine planning departments.
- Administer the mine fleet continuous improvement program
- Manage and administer mine fleet maintenance and repairs to meet all the NBG objectives for mine fleet maintenance including recruitment, occupational health and safety, environmental compliance, cost and budget, and mine production
- Develop and drive safety initiatives to all levels of work force to ensure the safety of yourself, Maintenance and Mining operations workforce.
The major challenge of this role is to ensure that all mining equipment is available in accordance with budget and business plan targets in the most efficient manner. You will manage the performance of owner maintenance, third party contractors to maintain equipment under Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and other third party vendors.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist:
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade Qualifications with Post Trade Qualifications desirable.
- 10+ years management or senior supervisory experience in a large open cut mining operation.
- 5+ years experience in the management of MARC contracts.
- Diploma of Frontline Management
- Significant mine operations experience and / or in a similar role in a large open cut mine using electric rope and hydraulic shovels, large trucks and drill fleets
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.