A friendly, motivating and rewarding team environment, Generous staff discount & product allowance, Growing leading menswear retailer.
GAZMAN is an Australian owned and family run menswear fashion brand and proudly operates a national network of 79 retail stores and supplies 150+ wholesale locations throughout Australia and NZ.
Since 1974, we have been providing our exceptionally loyal customer base, a style that works for them, in a manner that says we care about them.
We provide contemporary menswear outfit solutions for every occasion and we are best recognised for outstanding quality, exceptional customer service and great value across the entire menswear range.
Our collaborative approach aims to provide a family environment in which we do our best to ensure every interaction serves to build a truly personal relationship. We are authentic, go beyond the expected and are passionate about our brand and the customer experience we provide.
We are always on the search for passionate and energetic individuals who will be great brand ambassadors for our company and will join us on our journey as we grow and evolve this iconic Australian brand. Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work!
We have a new exciting opportunity for and motivated and enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to join our team!
Based in Hawthorn East and reporting to the GM Marketing & Customer Experience, this role will assist with daily job tasks, administration and projects to ensure marketing efficiencies and critical path management.
This is a hands-on role and jobs can vary between maintenance and process driven tasks. Our ideal candidate will have a keen interest in menswear, be a strong team player and be willing to roll up their sleeves to get tasks done.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Track and prepare the weekly marketing and competitor activity report for the management team meeting
- Responsible for all of the local area marketing for all stores throughout the network
- Update promotional calendar with all local area marketing activity
- In conjunction with the GM Marketing & Customer Experience, determine and work on paid local marketing opportunities
- Present and implement ideas for foot traffic generation for struggling stores
- Develop, maintain and execute a social media calendar in line with content strategy
- Create/design and schedule all content and initiatives tailored for social engagement
- Research key trends in social media to keep abreast of any changes and new features
- Invoicing and budget management support
- Manage local and national PR requests for magazines and digital requests
- Manage local sponsorship requests with stores, GM Marketing & Customer Experience and Regional Managers
- Support the Marketing team as required on other daily tasks, administration, planning and projects to ensure timely completion
- Other adhoc projects that may include SMS, MMS and database queries, database list brief to IT Department, media campaigns (TVC, letterbox, radio, press), print management
You will have:
- A marketing degree or relevant qualification
- Previous experience in a Marketing or similar role preferably in the fashion/retail industry
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal to all team members at all levels, suppliers and agencies
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Practical problem-solving skills
- Ability to scope out projects and schedule accordingly
- Able to meet agreed timeframes and deadlines
- A competitive salary package
- Fantastic reward and recognition opportunities throughout the year
- Generous product allowance and clothing discounts across our three brands (GAZMAN, Cable Melbourne and Blazer)
- A tailored induction program to ensure you have the best introduction to the business
- The opportunity to build your career with a successful, established and trusted Australian brand
- An amazing 'refer a friend' program
- A friendly, motivating and rewarding team environment, where achievements are recognised
- A highly supportive management team
- Opportunities to attend fantastic events, annual conferences and award nights
Due to the high amount of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.