Iconic infrastructure initiative - Be part of Victoria's biggest road project!, Join a collaborative and high-performing team, Full time - Fixed term opportunity for up to three years.
About North East Link
The North East Link Project (NELP) is a $15.8bn infrastructure project that will connect the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network, whilst increasing the capacity of the Eastern Freeway. It will slash travel times, get trucks off local roads and link key growth areas in the north and south-east whilst creating thousands of new jobs.
Our values are Challenge, Collaborate and Achieve. We are a people centric organisation with a start-up feel, pushing the boundaries of best practice in Government, Project Management and Civil Engineering to create great infrastructure for Victoria.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a confident communicator with strong analytical skills and a proven stakeholder management background who would be responsible for the management of the Project's budget, forecasting and reporting processes. The role interfaces with varied internal and departmental stakeholders in a dynamic environment and will ensure that financial activities comply with the Victorian Government's financial management compliance framework.
The opportunity would suit a finance professional with an extensive understanding of technical accounting within complex environments, and a solid ability to handle multiple, competing projects, prepare timely and accurate management and financial reporting that meets stakeholder requirements.
Your main duties will be:
- Establish budget estimates and monitor reporting and analysis for the North East Link Project
- Proactively engage key internal stakeholders to deliver expert advice and drive strategic financial analysis. Support accurate and timely production of financial performance reports
- Support the development and integration of financial systems, including developing and maintaining the Project accounting system to meet the Project's internal and external reporting requirements
- A highly detail orientated with a proven ability to be adaptable, proactive and customer-focussed in your work
- Have strong conceptual and analytical skills with a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving in relation to financial matters
- Enjoy stakeholder management and have proven high level interpersonal skills
Culture & Benefits
We are committed to creating a workplace that inspires you, engages you and grows you - we want you to be a powerful contributor to our inclusive, diverse and dynamic organisation.
Our offering continues to grow but here is what we already have in store for you:
- Established Wellbeing program
- Flexible working: Ongoing commitment to flexible work arrangements, along with a financial allowance to support our current remote working
- 17.5% Leave loading (including ability to purchase additional leave)
- Access to discounted public transport
- Generous parental leave entitlements for both primary and secondary carers
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV via this website. In your cover letter, please provide details on your management accounting experience within a complex project environment. Please note this position is likely to begin in a work from home capacity. All interviews will be conducted remotely.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 26th November 2020.
Our advertisement is only intended for individuals interested in employment with NELP. Recruitment agencies need not contact.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that a diverse and inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability and others from under-represented backgrounds to apply.