An opportunity to join a leading NFP and make a difference, Located in Belmont with free parking | Full-time | Start ASAP, Employee benefits include Salary packaging up to $15,900 pa tax-free!.
MSWA provides vital support and services to people living with all neurological conditions in Western Australia. This includes people living with multiple sclerosis (MS), stroke, Parkinsons disease, Huntingtons disease, motor neurone disease and acquired brain injury.
When you join MSWA, you join a team of over 800 professional staff who are dedicated to helping Western Australians living with a neurological condition achieve better outcomes.
Reporting to the Senior Events Coordinator this is a key role in the numerous fundraising events that are held on an annual basis. Flagship events include the MSWA Ocean Ride, MSWA Step Up, MSWA Dinner Auction, MSWA Albany Ride, MSWA Swim and The SensAtion Gallery. These events are complemented by a variety of community fundraising events including The Central Park Plunge of which this role will support the efforts of and our key supporters.
The role will involve working on weekends, after hours and occasional travel may be required to support the operations of events in regional centres throughout WA.
The Successful Applicant:
The successful applicant will be an experienced fundraising event professional with a proven track record in planning and implementing events. You will be creative, know how to make things happen, can think outside the square, display a positive attitude, attention to detail and good problem-solving skills. Ideally, you will have tertiary qualifications in event management or the like.
Experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable or a willingness to learn about why we do what we do at MSWA. To be successful in this role you will need to be an independent self-starter with excellent organisational skills. Prioritisation and the ability to coordinate multiple events concurrently will be crucial.
- Experience in a similar event planning and coordination role at an NFP
- The ability to project manage an event campaign covering the operational, marketing, and fundraising components concurrently from beginning through to completion and post event analysis
- Self-starter who makes good use of their initiative and network
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including competence with Microsoft Office, Excel and social media.
- Current National Police Clearance Certificate (or willingness to apply)
- Current drivers license
- Tertiary qualification and/or extensive employment history in event planning and fundraising
Dazzle us with your brilliance and stand out from the crowd!
Submit your application including your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role and how you can make a difference.
Find out more about what we do by visiting mswa.org.au