Award winning projects, Collaborative and values driven culture, Creative studio environment.
International, collaborative and culturally-engaged, BAR Studio specialises in the design of hotels and resorts throughout Asia Pacific and Europe. We have established a portfolio of refined and sensitively realised projects, including Park Hyatt Sydney, Rosewood Beijing, Rosewood Phuket, Westin Perth and Park Hyatt Niseko
We are committed to design responses that ground each project in a material and aesthetic landscape. Above all else we value material and spatial quality, detail, and the integrity of the designed outcome.
The key to creating successful design outcomes lies in our personal approach and our creative and professional collaboration with strong, cohesive and effective consultant teams. We structure our studio so that key senior members are across all projects, ensuring each project is prioritised company-wide, and our directors and key staff are integrally involved in all aspects of design and delivery.
Finding people who are a good fit for our studio is important to us, and we have a new opportunity for a General Manager to join our growing team. This exciting opportunity will suit an entrepreneurial strategic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen and the drive for implementation.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, business development, governance and operational management of BARs group of companies (BAR Studio, BAR Object, BAR Lighting, BAR Madrid) in consultation with the Board of Directors to ensure the sustainability of the business and reputation of BAR.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, your role is to lead the Steering Group to ensure the strategic and operational aspects of the studio are managed effectively to drive high performance, and to enable new directions for BAR, including Sustainability, B-Corporation goals and the commercialisation of our BAR Object offering (furniture, hardware and other bespoke elements).
- Relevant degree level qualification in business management / commerce. MBA advantageous
- Minimum 5 years relevant general management experience, preferably in an architecture, interior design or construction environment;
- Entrepreneurial strategic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen and drive for implementation;
- Effective communicator, capable of facilitating group discussions and liaising with a range of stakeholders;
- Approachable and collaborative leadership style, culturally aligned to BARs values and definition of success;
- Experience in achieving B-Corp accreditation (or equivalent) is highly preferred;
- Transformational leader skilled in leading and engaging teams to collaborative high performance;
- Strong planner, highly organised and process driven;
- Ability to analyse data and design performance metrics and reporting to drive confident decision making;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple functions and budgets;
- Knowledge of risk frameworks, quality assurance and OH&S requirements and legislation