Two Permanent Full-time positions available, Proud not-for-profit, values-based union located in West End, Competitive remuneration $73,452.76 + 15% super with excellent employee benefits.
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 62,000 members. We have over 170 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million dollar operating budget.
About the Role
We are currently seeking two experienced administrative professionals, referred to internally as Secretary to Director, People, Strategy and Research and Secretary to the Director, Business Services on a permanent full-time basis located in our Brisbane office.
In these key roles you will be responsible for providing high level administrative and project management support to the relevant Director to ensure the functional team can operate efficiently and effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being the primary point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Director;
- Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, planning assistance and minute taking;
- Supervising and coordinating the workflow, checking progress, resolving operational problems and monitoring the quality of the work produced by other administrative staff within the functional team;
- Being flexible and providing support to other administrative staff across the relevant group as required;
- Developing, administering and analysing surveys;
- Providing support to the Director and the team in relation to the scoping, planning, overseeing, coordinating and reporting on team-based projects;
- Performing accurate word processing and data entry and generating meaningful reports;
- Maintaining accurate files through the records management system;
- Providing administrative assistance for online meetings via Zoom and Microsoft Teams, including managing breakout rooms and chat functions;
- And much more!
Working as part of a busy team, you will possess a professional demeanour with a strong work ethic and the demonstrated ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and problem solve. Consistently displaying a collaborative and team-focused approach to your work, you will have the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and have excellent attention to detail.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and monitoring workflows and projects;
- Demonstrated experience generating meaningful reports;
- Demonstrated knowledge coupled with practical experience in using electronic document and Records Management Systems;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook);
- Experience in using online platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams;
- Experience in developing, administering and analysing surveys (through Survey Monkey or similar);
- Demonstrated ability to proactively establish priorities, use initiative and use sound judgment to manage complex, confidential and sensitive activities;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organisation;
- Experience and flexibility in providing support and assistance to other administrative staff within a team; and
- A demonstrated commitment to QNMUs values, purpose and trade unionism in general coupled with a demonstrated commitment to contributing to workplace culture.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care, offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive remuneration package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including rostered days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the Apply for this job button below and submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Rebecca Stoodley, Employee Relations Advisor. Applications should clearly address how you demonstrate the skills and experience to meet the requirements outlined in the About You section above.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit.
Applications close 4pm, Thursday 19th November 2020.