Supervise and manage field service personnel activities to ensure compliance, Provide technical guidance and support to field employees and contractors., A great opportunity for an individual with extensive metering experience.
About the Role:
As the Electrical Field Supervisor it will be your responsibility to supervise and manage day to day field service activities of project field personnel to ensure compliance with client’s Service Level Agreement and key performance indicators.
You will be required to provide technical guidance and support to field employees and contractors.
A part of your role will be to support the National Field Manager to administer corrective actions to prevent occurrence of work deficiencies and verify company procedures are implemented and recommend improvements. You will bring strong leadership and coaching/mentoring skills and the ability to drive improvement.
- Oversee daily field operations of field personnel, field employees and contractors in specific region / particular project
- Conduct all quality checks and complete associated documentation checks
- Provide onsite field support to BSA contractors and employees
- Provide daily updates to management regarding all facets of operations including contractor and employee absences
- Meet key performance indicators set by client or BSA
- Provide solutions to more complex technical problems and solutions to in day work failed visits.
- Proactive communication including delays during the course of daily works
- Communicate with client on behalf of BSA
- Assist in the onboarding of contractors in project areas
Support National Field Manager to:
- Administer corrective actions to prevent occurrence of work deficiencies
- Verify company procedures are implemented and recommend improvements
- Manage workforce availability and capacity
- Stock distributions and sundry material management
- Assist technical training
- Attend to customer complaints and enquiries
Specific WHS responsibilities:
- Take care to prevent injuries to self and others including site safety inspections
- Support and contribute to WHS system implementation
- Ensure hazards and incidents are reported immediately
- Use equipment and wear PPE in compliance with instructions
- Ensure Contractors and their personnel are adhering to company safety plans
- A Grade Electrician, ASP level 2 Accredited (CAT 4/Class 2D)
- Current Electrical field experience in metering installation and maintenance with scheduling experience for trades personnel
- Good telephone manner and client focused
- Excellent technical ability and time Management skills
- Ability to hold direct conversations around performance
- Strong leadership and coaching/mentoring skills with the ability to drive improvement
- Have extensive experience with Excel and data manipulation
- Attention to detail a must and an ability to multi task and handle conflicting priorities
BSA is a comprehensive technical services contracting company that has successful long-term relationships with our clients, founded upon a commitment to provide innovative, flexible solutions and a culture that promotes continuous improvement.
Our clients and their customers benefit from BSA’s highly skilled, experienced resources and a responsive Executive Management Team, sharing the same objectives and ensuring a consistent approach, with safety remaining central to every action performed.
At BSA, we care about people and the environment. We acknowledge our environmental, social and community obligations, and this contributes to an ongoing focus on safety and sustainability.
BSA's geographic footprint stretches across 24 locations Australia-wide and growing.
Please note that this position will be subject to mandatory pre-employment checks including a Police Check. In the case your application is not successful- we will keep your details on file to contact you about other suitable positions in future.