At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live and workin the South West. Only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coastthere will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer.With good rosters and a unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, we also provide DIDO with accommodation in our Village
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist, you will be an integral part of the exploration activities at Boddington. As the Project Exploration Geologist, you will be tasked with conducting geological exploration that adds value to existing resources, both on a district scale, locating the next viable ore bodies, and in the near mine scale, extending the life of Mine of the existing world class Newmont Boddington Gold Mine.
- Personally demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely and in compliance with the environment and community Social License to Operate
- Assist in the design and execution of exploration programs both near mine and regionally across the Saddleback Greenstone Belt to discover and evaluate gold mineralisation
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring, and support for professional development activities, to members of the team, to ensure ongoing professional development and the achievement of a safe and positive workplace culture that reflects Newmonts Core Values
- Participate in Newmont Boddington exploration projects including design, planning, executing, supervising and reviewing
- Actively mentor and direct the exploration team members to ensure exploration is conducted as safely and effectively as possible
- Be accountable for daily and weekly work plans, liaise with the contract laboratory, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of assay results
- Report regularly to the Senior Exploration Geologist on all geological, project execution, technical, safety and environmental matters pertaining to project development
- Working with the Senior Exploration Geologist, generate exploration (wingspan and brownfields) targets which align with Newmont Boddingtons exploration strategy and LOM production profile
- Lead the continuous improvement of the Core Yard component of the Exploration Management Operating System (MOS), to ensure that clearly defined processes, and the exploration information is collected, recorded and organised accurately
- Ensure administration functions and tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with safety investigations to ensure that incidents and/or injuries are fully reviewed in a timely manner and corrective actions are identified and allocated appropriately
- Participate in the development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules
- Ensure departmental compliance with statutory acts, regulations and consent conditions.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Geology or a related discipline
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement culture
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, strong work ethic, confident decision maker, self-motivated and responsible for actions
- Experience in managing RC and diamond drilling programs and working as a Geologist in a hard rock environment
- High level of computer literacy, ideally including 3D modelling software (Leapfrog or Vulcan), ArcGIS and ioGAS
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Current unencumbered Western Australian C Class Drivers Licence.
Working within a small exploration group,you will be equally capable of working on your own as you are working within a team environment. You will have sound communications skills, a focus on achieving agreed targets safely, enjoy taking on challenging tasks and interested in developing new skills.You will be adaptable, excellent time management skills, be able to make timely decisions and a willingness to support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives. A personal commitment and positive attitude towards working safely and complying with Newmonts environmental and social responsibilities is a requisite for this position.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.