- Passionate about customer service and good with people
- Think you have some great transferable life skills
- Eager to learn
- Looking for a new opportunity to launch an exciting career
Our Hobart Mitsubishi and Kia dealership is a busy site which enjoys a high level of inquiry generated by an excellent reputation and long-standing relationship with southern Tasmania. Centrally located in Brisbane Street, we showcase a range of quality vehicles to suit every customers need. Our knowledgeable, experienced team is passionate about exceeding expectations and providing our customers with outstanding service and value on every dealership visit.
About the role
Are you looking for an awesome opportunity to kick start a sales career in the automotive industry
We specialise in all aspects of Fleet including advice on vehicle suitability, financing, insurance, leasing or servicing. Whether dealing with small business owners or a multinational corporate company, we provide the best possible outcome for our Fleet customers.
This is a traineeship, entry level sales role so you supply the enthusiasm, perseverance and commitment and well teach you everything else you need to know!
- Learn the large range of small, passenger, sport and SUVs to suit every fleet customers needs
- Understand how to recognise and understand customer needs, prospecting new customers, attending to customer queries, follow-ups and lead generation
- Learn about specialised fleet programs, factory warranties and support, leading manufacturer technology and state of the art vehicle safety
- Develop familiarity with realistic advice and suitability on Fleet customer requirements
- Develop exceptional sales, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Build competitive tender pricing skills for small to medium, corporate, community and Government fleet customers
This role will provide the successful applicant with further career progression opportunities to explore within our business after the successful completion of their traineeship.
The ideal candidate will have a keen desire to achieve and determination to succeed. They will possess exceptional communication skills and have a passion for outstanding customer service. You may be a grade 12 leaver Perhaps you are currently working in retail with a desire to further your career Or feel you have the right skills but just need an opportunity
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have exceptional communication skills and a flair for engaging with people
- Have a high level of mathematical ability and understanding of figures
- Be professional, reliable, well presented and have a commitment to delivering quality customer outcomes
- Be able to follow instructions, work independently in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable
- Have well developed I.T. skills, attention to detail and data integrity
- Enjoy a challenge, have a positive attitude, well organised and able to use your initiative
- Be willing to undertake and successfully complete the relevant qualification to accompany your on the job training (an eagerness to learn!)
- Full manual drivers licence
Whats on offer:
- Benefit from joining an experienced, knowledgeable, credible team
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Numerous opportunities for career growth within the group
- Build a promising career with ongoing training, support and professional development
- Access to a wide range of employee benefits
- A full-time, 12-month contract position with the financial security of a substantial, well-established company that represents multiple leading automotive brands
This role will be a challenging yet rewarding career choice and will allow the right individual to be mentored and supported throughout their journey. This will initially be a Monday to Friday, base salaried, 12-month contract position. Once qualified, based on successful performance and an ongoing business need, it is envisaged the successful applicant will be offered permanent employment who will be required to work some Saturdays on a rotating roster and have the opportunity to be remunerated with commissions based on individual performance and results.
For more information about the position, please contact Dealer Principal Justin Read on [email protected] or 0408 518 170 for a confidential discussion.
Previous sales/automotive experience isnt necessarily a must have for this role! Were willing to teach the right applicant all about products, services and processes.
So, if you think youve got the drive to succeed, a can do attitude and some great skills to bring to our team apply now!
Hobart Mitsubishi and Kia dealership is part of the Local Motor Group - a dynamic and evolving Tasmanian based automotive company which sells, services and finances quality new, demo and used vehicles. We employ more than 350 Tasmanians at 15 automotive dealership locations across the state. We offer excellent working conditions, a great team environment, a competitive remuneration package including commissions and company vehicle, a range of employee benefits and career development opportunities with the financial security of a substantial, well-established company.
- We conduct reference checking, AFP Criminal record checks and pre-employment medicals where applicable to the physical requirements of the role
- Applicants must be physically in Australia and must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold a permanent residency Visa
- We are an equal opportunity employer, supporting gender equality, and workplace diversity
This position is available for immediate filling. Only those candidates who have the required skills and experience will be shortlisted and contacted as to the status of their application.