Lead the technical delivery of Investigations, Management Plans and EIA, Opportunity to work on local, national and global environmental projects, Supporting and mentoring junior team members in a collaborative environment.
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and building and transportation.
Strong demand for our services across New South Wales has created an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist with10 - 15+yearsrelevant experience, to join our team in ourOrange, NSWoffice on a permanent full time basis.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, respected and growing organisation with a strong commitment to its people, clients and performance. This role is ideal for someone with a background in consultancy and career aspirations to work across multiple projects as part of a highly regarded multi-disciplined team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting integrated environmental compliance processes for major developmentsincluding mining
- Preparing environmental management plans
- Conducting environmental monitoring and/or inspections
- Preparing technical environmental reports
- Designing, coordinating and managing impact assessment studies
- Business development
- Fostering client relationships
- Manage projects including budgets, project teams and timelines
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams, providing environmental advice to other GHD teams
- Opportunity to work on local, national and global projects, which may at times entail working from other GHD office locations
- Supporting and mentoring junior team members in a learning and collaborative environment
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelors Degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, science, planning or other discipline relevant to environmental impact assessment
- Experienced in the technical delivery of investigations, management plans, environmental impact assessments
- Experience or willingness to manage clients and communications with regulators
- Understanding of Federal and NSW environmental legislation
- Experience in post approvals environmental management including land use rehabilitation would be highly sought after
- Excellent communication and report writing skills (both verbal and written)
GHD recognises and understands the world is constantly changing. We are committed to solving the worlds biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
We are a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Our forward-looking, innovative approaches connect and sustain communities around the world. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are focused on building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals connected by over 200 offices, across five continents Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region.
Find out more about us atghd.com
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.