Fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and relaxed firm, Full time position with the flexibility to work from home a few days per week, Immediate start.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Tax Accountant committed to providing clients with the highest possible level of service.
This is a full time position with the opportunity to work from home a few days per week.
We are a progressive Chartered Accounting firm with 30+ years of experience. We offer a full range of accounting services including Business Services, Taxation, Audit, Superannuation, Corporate Secretarial and Advisory.
Located in Roseville, 2-minutes walk from the train station on the North Shore line and only one stop from the Chatswood to Northwest metro line.
We believe that having the right people in our firm is crucial to our success. This benefits the whole team and our clients.
Everyone, regardless of his or her position, is expected to act in accordance with our values, which are:
- An Engaged Team
- Taking Ownership Of Responsibilities
- Understand That Client Relationships Are More Than Just Business
- Embrace Growth
- Respect And Integrity
As part of the interview process, we will share more about these values with you.
Reporting to a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for liaising with clients and limited supervision of an off-shore team member. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of financial statements, taxation returns, for all entities including companies, trusts, partnerships and individuals
- Preparation of BAS, IAS, FBT, Payroll Tax & Workers Compensation Forms
- Liaise with the ATO and other regulatory bodies
- Contribute to team projects
The successful applicant will have a good body of experience with a reputable accounting practice. You must be committed to providing our clients with the highest possible level of service and be willing to follow our firms values and goals.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Ability to think laterally and problem-solve
- Proven accounting and tax knowledge
- Attention to detail, someone who takes pride in their work
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor of Commerce/Economics/Business and starting your CA or CPA program
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Tax Accountant
- Must have sound technical knowledge and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Experience with dealing with clients including calls, emails and meetings
- Can work well in a team environment
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Well organised with an enthusiastic attitude and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Xero & Xero Practice Manager, Electronic Working Papers, MYOB
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated accountant to join a supportive and relaxed firm where you will be exposed to a wide range of clients.