Dynamic and diverse work environment, Permanent role, Career development opportunity.
Band 5 - $79,420 to $90,612 includes Super, RDO and Annual Leave Loading
- Dynamic and diverse work environment
- Permanent role
- Career development opportunity
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all of life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever changing landscape of Local Government.
About the Role
As part of the Communications and Engagement unit, this role is ideally suited to a hands-on, can-do communications and marketing all-rounder. Supporting the Senior Communications Officer and other team members, it provides high quality communications and marketing services to the broader organisation. This includes drafting speeches, media releases, newsletter copy and marketing collateral for both digital and traditional platforms.
- Contribute to the production of high quality communications and marketing collateral.
- Coordinate all aspects of Council's advertising, including liaising with external agencies.
- Assist in the development of the development of innovative and effective communications and marketing campaigns.
- Provide efficient administrative support to the team.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in the area of communications, publishing, marketing, or demonstrated experience in a similar field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing for the media, web and publications
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and contributing to communication/marketing plans, strategies or campaigns.
- Supportive organisational leadership and team environment
- Outstanding professional development opportunity
- Work in an organisation and with colleagues committed to making a positive community impact
How to apply
- Read the Position Description
- Include cover letter responding to selection criteria and current resume
- To obtain any additional information regarding this position please contact Licardo Prince, Communications and Advocacy Lead
- Click on Apply Now.
Applications close at 10 pm on the 27 November 2020 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions this position may be required to initially work from home. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will have access to an appropriate home work' space which includes an appropriate desk with sufficient leg room and a suitable chair. As part of the recruitment process the preferred candidate may be asked to provide photo evidence that they have an appropriate and safe place to work. Job required IT equipment will be provided, however the preferred candidate will need an internet connection.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position. This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Nillumbik Shire Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.