The St Vincent de Paul Society National Council of Australia Inc.
The National Council aspires to work towards an Australia transformed by compassion and built on justice. This aspiration is outlined in the National Councils Strategic Plan for 2020-2023.
The National Council is instituted by the International Council General and convenes three times a year at the national office located in the Canberra.Members of our National Council include the National President and the Presidents of our State and Territory Councils, a Youth Representative and office bearers as specified in Article 20 of The Rule, the governing document of the St Vincent de Paul Society.National Council meetings provide the forum for State and Territory Councils to report on their activities, discuss matters of command national policy directions
The position of Executive Assistant provides a full range of timely administrative and executive support and related services to the Chief Executive Officer. In this position the Executive Assistant will have responsibilities to ensure smooth interface and interactions when liaising with key stakeholders who hold relationships with the Society through the Chief Executive Officer including:
Domestic National: President,Deputy President, Directors of the Board, Directors of State and Territory Councils where required Chief Executive Officers of State and Territory Councils and other Society entities and their respective Personal Assistants. Ministers and politicians, Government officials and departmental officers.
International: Office holders appointed by the Society Council General International, National Presidents, volunteer office holders and employees from overseas National Councils.
Key Accountabilities -
This position is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the following key accountabilities and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (outlined at Attachment 1).
1. Organising internal and external meetings and liaising with stakeholders
2. Management of incoming emails
3. Diary management
4. Coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements
5. Assisting with the preparation of high quality documents, reports and letters
6. Formatting of documents prepared by the Chief Executive Officer and, where required, other senior employees
7. Preparation, coordination and distribute of Board Agenda, Board Packs and other relevant papers/information for meetings
8. Working with the Executive Officer to organise meetings of the Board of Directors, Board Standing Committees and Advisory Committees
9. Other duties may be required, as directed, commensurate with skills and abilities.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20.