Jumpstart your communications career with a small, passionate & supportive team, Hone and strengthen your social media and design skills, Support Indigenous students with media and public speaking opportunities.
- Jumpstart your communications career with a small, passionate and supportive NFP team: great leave and benefits
- Hone and strengthen your social media and design skills
- Support Indigenous students with media and public speaking opportunities
hard hearts, soft hearts, capable hands
The Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF) was established in 2008 in response to community demand from Indigenous families who choose to enrol their children in boarding schools.
Bringing together the government and private sector, AIEF provides scholarship funding for Indigenous students to complete Year 12 or tertiary studies, with career support to help them make a successful transition to employment.
AIEF has grown from one scholarship student in 2008, to now supporting over 1,000 young Indigenous Australians from over 400 communities from every state and territory across Australia.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Executive is responsible for reliably managing a diverse range of communication responsibilities, often to tight or competing deadlines, with an attention to detail. The Communications Team is responsible for managing AIEF branding and reputation, communicating AIEF's key messages and ensuring the quality, consistency and effectiveness of AIEF communications.
- Implement strategies for media, social media and promoting engagement with AIEF Partners.
- Support the delivery of AIEF social media accounts.
- Update AIEF website as required including the provision of feedback and consultation on development of website.
- Review, develop and design (InDesign) program and marketing materials.
- Manage the AIEF photo library.
- Manage the AIEF video library.
- Manage the uploading of policies, procedures and other business-wide updates to the intranet.
- Create, and work with suppliers to create, photo, video and audio content.
- Assist the Engagement Team to prepare speeches and respond to media enquiries.
- Prepare briefings (including photography) for media, stakeholders and the AIEF Leadership Team.
- Prepare briefs and speeches for opportunities with students and alumni.
- Write and send mass email communications.
- Support the production of the AIEF Annual Report.
- Write effective copy for AIEF and stakeholder websites and publications.
- Draft and review correspondence for the AIEF Leadership Team.
- Support the maintenance of the AIEF style manual and advise colleagues on style requirements.
- Ensure communication policies are implemented across the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Attend events and support delivery of these as a member of the Engagement Team.
- Review AIEF Quarterly Report to Partners and support development of other materials for Partners, including newsletter updates.
- Design and produce presentations, stationery, templates and internal documents.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure critical processes are documented.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of relevant data for reporting and evaluation.
The right person for this role is a well-organised, enthusiastic, results driven self-starter who has:
- Motivation for AIEFs mission and alignment with AIEF values.
- Experience in administration work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and language skills.
- Strong organisational and time/priority management skills.
- A strong sense of teamwork and pitching in.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Design Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and CRM systems.
- Ability to solve problems, find solutions and demonstrate initiative.
- A systematic and professional approach to work, with a high level of attention to detail.
All AIEF employees are required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check by the Australian Federal Police and a Working with Children Check by the relevant State and Territory Government(s) as a condition of employment.
Applications close midday Thursday 3 December 2020
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are strongly encouraged to apply