Health and Safety Advisor - FIFO 2/1 Roster
PERSOLKELLY is one of Australia's largest and longest serving recruitment providers. Delivering both quality temporary and permanent options, we specialise in the recruitment of Professional, ICT, Government, STEM, Management and Executive talent.
Our client, a Global leader in the Iron Ore industry, is seeking a qualified and experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join their team working on one of their major projects in the Pilbara on a 12-month contract. PLEASE NOTE - This is a FIFO role from Perth only.
Roster / Hours: 2/1 Roster 12 hours per day
12-month assignment with potential for extension
* Offer specialist OHS support, advice and mentoring throughout the construction and existing operations of the project
* Assist in ensuring the effective implementation of the organization's health and safety management system
* Influencing positive safety interactions and driving practical outcomes whilst ensuring industry best practice is applied
* Provide mentorship and safety leadership through positive engagement with internal and contractor management teams across the project
* Assist the management teams with conducting incident investigations at the site level, completion of incident / investigation and corrective actions as required ensuring that corrective actions identified are monitored for effectiveness
* Assist with the development of team-based risk assessments and critical risk assessment workshops for the scope of work you are responsible for
* Assist all management teams in their accountability to implement, monitor and review the site safety management system, whilst driving OHS initiatives
* Assist key stakeholders to interpret OHS compliance requirements especially for license and permit obligations
* Analyse and interpret contractors' trends, information, data and report/present on those trends identified
* Minimum 8 years working in construction, Processing, Mining operations, Manufacturing Logistics or similar
* Experience maintaining systems in accordance with AS4801, ISO 45001 and ISO 9001
* Moderate computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Viso)
* Ability to influence Behaviors throughout all levels of the project
* Ability to problem solve and assist with making practical decisions in a high stress environment
* Ability to manage your time well, prioritise works and structure work efficiently and effectively
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Experienced in conflict resolution
Highly desirable but not essential
* Australian Institute of Health and Safety OHS Practitioner, OHS Professional or Chartered OHS Professional.
* Lead Auditor Qualified (WHS Management Systems)
* Certificate IV Training and Assessing
If you are interested in the role and fit the criteria, please apply online today!
**PLEASE NOTE - only online applications will be considered**