Help create a sustainable and efficient Bayside LGA of the future, Permanent full-time position, Fast paced and varied environment.
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Futures directorate focuses on developing our strategy to ensure sustainable and responsible planning and development for all aspects of our City.
We currently have a permanent full-time opportunity in our Strategic Planning Business Unit for an Urban Designer, working as an integral member of the City Design Team.
Reporting to the Coordinator City Design, this role is responsible for managing the delivery of a range of activities to identify and plan for existing and future demands of Council and community assets, and to prepare strategic plans to reflect these needs.
- Develop, implement and review urban design and public domain plans and strategies, planning proposals and statutory instruments to inform decision making in line with contemporary urban design standards and legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Councils framework of public domain land use controls to deliver sustainable built outcomes for the community.
- Undertake research and analysis to provide timely and accurate expert advice, reports and briefs on land use planning and urban design matters, including funding options, to inform decisions.
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in a relevant field.
What can we offer you
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
On top of the competitive salary, our people enjoy:
- A Rostered Day Off every fortnight.
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year (pro-rata)
- 15 days sick leave each year.
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave from your sick leave balance each year.
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 4 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council values.
Closing Date: Friday, 27 November 2020.
Salary Range: Salary negotiable based on skills and experience.
Enquiries: Maritza Abra, Coordinator City Design on 9366 3650.
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.