Qualifications in Engineering & Environmental Science/Management, Possess excellent engagement and project management skills.
EAGA Business Resilience Officer, Monash Operations centre, Notting Hill, City of Monash
Part time/12 months fixed term, 19hrs week
BAND 6, $87,879.70 - $95,783.66 p/a (pro rata), plus superannuation
The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
- Opportunity to assist Eastern region Businesses to reduce energy use, and GHG emissions.
- Exciting onground role, creating sustainable change across the eastern region.
- Collaborating across council and with EAGA partner councils.
EAGA is a formal Alliance of eight councils in Melbourne’s East, committed to developing and delivering climate change mitigation and adaptation projects, as well as advocating for initiatives that promote sustainable, low carbon communities. The Business Resilience Officer will undertake its role under the guidance of the Sustainability Coordinator with support from EAGA Executive Committee, Steering Committee and Executive Officer. To read more about EAGA and its initiatives visit the following link - www.eaga.com.au
About the Role:
Monash Council, in partnership with the Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action (EAGA) are looking for an exceptional Business Resilience Officer to support businesses in the region to achieve energy independence, reduce costs and improve their environmental performance.
The part-time position will be employed by Monash City Council while working on behalf of all participating councils within the EAGA region.
- You will be responsible for coordinating a program to install LED lighting in local businesses and engage with businesses on other energy efficiency measures and opportunities.
- While based at Monash, you will be working with Economic Development and Sustainability teams across EAGA councils to deliver program.
The position is based at Monash (Notting Hill), the role will require sometime to be spent off-site and/or at other council offices and/or working remotely.
The successful candidate you will have:
- Qualifications in Engineering, Environmental Science/Management, Facilities Management or other relevant (similar) qualification.
- Possess excellent engagement and project management skills
- Experience in business engagement, ideally with local government economic development team with a focus on emission reduction and energy efficiency programs
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders across all levels of an organisation. Including highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with experience in working with and influencing diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in managing time, setting priorities, developing project schedules, achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
What We Offer:
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements and training opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of 27 November 2020 at 11:55pm.
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.