35 hour work week, Staff team days, 3 additional days of leave over the Christmas break.
At SGCH our vision is great places for everyone. Our business is people and places. We develop and manage sustainable, safe and affordable homes and work in partnership to create vibrant, inclusive communities.
Connecting people to opportunity, we take a place based approach to advocate for, coordinate and partner with the services that people and communities need.
With over 30 years experience, SGCH now provides a place to call home for around 11,000 people in over 6,300 properties across the Sydney metropolitan region. We are recognised as a Tier 1 provider under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2020 Australian Business Awards, our personalised approach to customer service is underpinned by our values of innovation, support, accountability, respect and integrity (ISARI).
We are now recruiting for a Business Support Officer (BSO) in our Customers and Communities team. This is a full time fixed-term role until 21 May 2021, based at our St Leonards office. This role is classified as Level 3 on the SCHCADS award and reports to the Senior Business Support Officer.
As a Business Support Officer at SGCH you provide efficient and effective customer support and back office administrative and business-related support across all areas within the Customers and Communities team including Tenancy Management, Support Coordination, Pathways Assessments, Income Management, Rent Review, Communities and Place and Allocations.
As a Business Support Officer, you will be responsible to provide administration and business-related support which may include data entry, preparing leases and lease packs, preparing of letters for appointments, archiving, bulk mail outs, assisting with scheduling of appointments, filing, minute-taking and other relevant administrative tasks as required. You will be required to liaise with tenants and applications to provide assistance, where appropriate, taking phone calls and assisting customers face to face at reception.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting applicant and tenant enquiries and requests with care and urgency
- Working flexibly to adapt and respond quickly when situations change
- Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Assisting applicants and tenants to understand internal and external services available to them
- Supporting the delivery of place making and community development activities and initiatives
- Understanding and following legislation, rules, policies, guidelines and codes of conduct that apply to your role
- Ensuring the privacy of customer information is protected at all times
- Accurately collecting and recording tenancy, applicant and other information
The essential requirements for the role include:
- Current NSW driving license
If you wish to apply for the role, please prepare an expression of interest addressing the three (3) questions below and provide a copy of your up to date CV to Catherine Campagna at [email protected] [link removed] by 9:00am Friday 20 November 2020.
Please address the following questions in no more than one (1) page:
- Why are you interested in this opportunity
- How do your skills, experience and knowledge align with this role
- What does excellent customer service look like to you (please provide examples)
Please note that late applications will not be accepted and we do not accept applications through the SEEK website.
At SGCH, everyone is welcome. We believe that our diversity makes us strong. We are committed to creating an organisation that reflects the communities we serve and to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members as we work together. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the SGCH team, please indicate this in your application.