- Work closely with the Leadership team and Board of Directors
- Full-time, permanent role based in Sydney
- Full FBT benefits available
We are seeking a Company Secretary who has an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation with significant experience in risk management. Ideally, the successful applicant will have a legal background and an eye for detail.
You will thrive as the Company Secretary if you have:
- A thorough knowledge, understanding and application of company secretarial best practice, relevant legislation and corporate governance practices with relevant experience
- Understanding and experience in managing the overall risk management process for an organisation
- Strengths in policy development and compliance experience in complex organisations
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to continuous development
- Demonstrated success in working with multiple senior stakeholders internally and externally
About your next role
You will be involved in:
- Providing corporate governance advice and corporate secretariat services to the Caritas Australia Board of Directors and its Committees, and their various sub-committees.
- Advise on and work closely with the CEO on the preparation of Board/Committee meeting agendas.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation.
- In conjunction with relevant Heads of Departments perform risk assessments and evaluations of risk.
- Making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people.
Role description is available on request.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Are you our next Company Secretary
If you believe in partnership (not pity) and a hand-up (not a hand-out), then wed love for you to apply.
Your application needs to include:
- A cover letter outlining why you want to work for Caritas, how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role, and where relevant your residency/work status
- Your CV / resume
Our commitment to safeguarding
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. If this position requires a Working with Children Check, it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to obtain one before starting work. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo other relevant background checks.
Our commitment to diversity
Caritas Australia supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.