Work with a NSW Peak body representing people with mental health issues, Actively participate in a fast growing NFP, Be part of an innovative and progressive organisation.
We are seeking someone who is resourceful, skilled, and articulate to join the team at BEING Mental Health Consumers in the role of Communications Officer.
This role is responsible for the implementation of BEING Mental Health Consumers Communications and Media plans, strategies and policies, including website and social media interactions with members, supporters, government, media, and other key stakeholders to ensure effective, targeted and credible messaging and branding of our organisation.
The successful applicant will have exceptional attention to detail and approach their work with an innovative mindset. They will be adaptive to the changing pace of our organisation and will be a highly motivated professional in their field.
If you are passionate about effective communications, excited by the prospect of working for a peak body in the mental health sector, and want to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.
Applications close on 27th November 2020. Immediate start preferred.
ABOUT BEING MENTAL HEALTH CONSUMERS INC.
BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. is the independent, NSW peak organisation speaking with and for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues and emotional distress. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people with mental health issues are heard by decision makers, service providers, and the community, and leads and influences systemic change in services and systems.
BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. is committed to human rights principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity and believes that recovery is possible for all people who live with mental health issues and emotional distress.
With a long standing history of 26 years of operation, BEING - Mental Health Consumers Inc. is expanding and growing a service provision portfolio, to support people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental health issues in their daily living, as well as support the expansion and growth of the lived experience workforce
Our current programs include:
- BEING Supported Mental Health Peer Support Line
- BEING Leadership Academy
- BEING Suicide Prevention
- BEING Lived Experience Network
- BEING Peer Workforce Network
ABOUT THE ROLE
Weekly hours 22.5 hours per week immediate start requiredEmployment type Fixed term contract to 30th June 2021Salary Classification SCHADS Level 4
The Communications Officer is responsible for the implementation of BEINGs Communications and Media plans, strategies and policies, including website and social media interactions with members, supporters, government, media, and other key stakeholders to ensure effective, targeted and credible messaging and branding of our organisation.
The role requires someone who is flexible and adaptive to the changing pace of the organisation and is a highly motivated professional in their field. The person will have exceptional attention to detail, be resourceful, and approach their work with an innovative mindset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with the Marketing & Communications Officer, coordinate and execute a cross platform marketing and communications strategy.
- Create, coordinate, and execute communications and marketing material in line with Marketing and Communications Strategy, Stakeholder Engagement Plan, and Brand Guidelines.
- Research develop and pitch innovative, engaging and informative content to maximise brand awareness.
- Develop a consistent high standard of accurate and engaging content, including social media content, blog posts, organisational updates and videos.
- Monitor social media channels and engage and reply in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and execute social media schedule.
- Assist to develop, monitor, and evaluate member communication, including coordinating and developing content for newsletters, surveys, event invitations and other communication materials.
- Maintain and develop templates and contact lists for communications in Mailchimp and other distribution platforms.
- Assist in managing BEING Mental Health Consumers database of members, media, and broader stakeholders through an integrated contacts management system.
- Coordinate and manage BEING Mental Health Consumers website and online material, including establishing events on the website, uploading reports, and posting to social media.
- Assist with event coordination for external BEING Mental Health Consumer events, workshops, and/or technical support with hosting webinars and online events.
- Coordinate and execute cross platform communication strategies.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including colleagues, members, supporters, funding bodies, media, contractors, and suppliers.
- Facilitate and monitor awareness campaigns as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Tertiary or Vocational Qualifications in Media, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and proactive, and agile to the changing needs of the organisation and working within tight timeframes.
- Experience in developing clear and engaging content for publications such as newsletters and social media.
- Experience in a professional capacity in writing for online platforms and website content management systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships, and experience working with varied stakeholders including government departments, and media outlets.
- Strong writing skills including a proven ability to write content for online/social media channels, website, and printed resources.
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems in the delivery and maintenance of website and e-Newsletters, and social media.
- Good knowledge of principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Strong planning, organising, time management and problem-solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office software.
- Personal experience of mental health issues and the ability to draw upon own personal recovery journey to inform your work.
- Experience with graphic design and basic video editing.
- Experience working with the Media.
- Knowledge of the mental health sector in NSW.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5PM ON 27TH NOVEMBER 2020. IMMEDIATE START PREFERRED.
Applications who do not address the Essential Criteria will not be considered for the position.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Australia to be eligible for this position.
BEING Mental Health Consumers Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. This means we apply affirmative action strategies to the employment of people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues.