World-class Agribusiness, Enjoy an Outback Lifestyle, Full-Time Position - Commencing March 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting position available for an experienced Station Hand / Machinery Operator to join our operations at Liveringa, Western Australia in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Liveringa Station spans over 365,000 hectares, located in the picturesque West Kimberley Region of Western Australia. Liveringa is an extensive beef cattle breeding and irrigated farming operation with 25,000 head of high-quality Brangus Cross cattle.
Liveringa is a unique property with a colourful history, that abounds in beautiful birdlife, scenic countryside and sunrises and sunsets that take your breath away.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, this will be a varied role in which you will have the opportunity to utilise multiple skillsets.
Your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Mustering cattle using horses and bikes;
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry and processing;
- Carrying out general station maintenance and repairs - including fencing & welding;
- Undertaking general vehicle & machinery operation and basic maintenance;
- Maintenance of station roads, fence lines, airstrips and fire breaks;
- Undertaking earthworks as required, including cleaning out of dams and turkey nests;
- Assisting with land and environmental management practices; and
- Ongoing training will be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading;
- Sound horsemanship and motorbike skills;
- Fencing, stock water and general maintenance skills;
- Competent operation of various station machinery/equipment and carry out basic maintenance;
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely;
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Relevant earth works experience;
- A current HR licence;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence;
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain); and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- All meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.