This is a great opportunity to assist people achieve their personal goals & join a highly respected, community organisation & make a difference.
At Minda, people are at the heart of everything we do, and since 1898 we’ve been providing industry-leading support to South Australians living with disability. We’re champions for choice and believe diversity is key to our success. We are equally passionate about ensuring that people with disability live the lives of their choice.
We are a value based organisation: we work with heart, to create opportunity, operating with respect, to build a community, inspired by empathy. These values run through the core of each decision for each person we support.
This is a truly exciting time to join Minda, and this newly created role will be at the heart of the Human Resources function. With a supportive and encouraging People & Culture leadership team, you will be offered the opportunity to use your highly developed skills to lead a small team of dedicated and dynamic HR professionals.
We are actively promoting a culture of ‘best practice is the only practice’, and it is this philosophy that will see you and your team embark on continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the business operates to the highest of standards, in all its people strategies.
Reporting to the Senior Governance Officer in the Office of the CEO, the Governance Officer is primarily responsible for working in a team to provide a range of confidential administrative and secretarial services to the Minda Board and Executive.
This role will see you undertaking the following duties:
- Diary management of the Board Calendar- including the ability to deal with last minute changes as they arise.
- Email management including confidential communications with the Executive and Board
- Documentation management including preparing documents for signing and co-ordinating the due diligence process for these.
- Agendas and Minutes of meetings and preparing meeting documentation (including uploading of these to the Diligent portal as may be required).
- Document control and file storage (electronic and app based).
- Providing full secretariat duties to Board and Committee meetings in a timely and efficient manner, including meeting organisation distribution of minutes, following up of outstanding action items.
- Providing support to the Company Secretary, President and Board members as required for preparation of speech notes, presentations, reports and correspondence; conference registrations including travel arrangements if required; reimbursement of expenses incurred on behalf of Minda.
- Liaising closely with Board members and their support staff for changes to scheduled meeting dates, to organise meetings, extraordinary meetings, and other appointments as required.
This opportunity comes at a time of unprecedented growth within our business. This will see your skills and experiences challenged, which will lead to a highly rewarding career with us.
We do have additional requirements as well as those set out above which are listed below:
- DHS – Disability Serices Screening
- Current, valid and unrestricted South Australian Driver’s Licence
We are looking for someone who will be proud to work for us, and share our values. If that sounds like you and you meet the criteria set out above we would like to hear from you.
Successful candidates will receive:-
- Generous salary sacrificing options
- Opportunity to work for South Australia’s leading Disability support communities
- Highly supportive environment
- The most rewarding career
- On site cafe
- Access to gym and aquatic centre
- Paid parental leave
To apply select the ‘apply’ button below and you will be redirected to our website where you will can view a detailed position description, and can commence your application.
Applications close at 5:00pm, Tuesday 24 November 2020.
We look forward to you joining the team!
Minda is committed to being a child safe, child friendly environment