World-class Agribusiness, Varied Role, Full-Time Position - Commencing March 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting position available for an experienced Station Hand/Gardener, Domestic & Maintenance to join our operations at Willeroo, Northern Territory in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Willeroo Station runs approximately 20,000 head of Brahman cattle and features a modern homestead complex. Cattle are coacher mustered predominantly using horses, as strong emphasis is placed on low stress stock handling principles.
A lot of investment has been put into this station with it now boasting new tanks, shading solar pumps, digitalised communication, waters and a completely new cattle-handling complex. The juxtaposition of emerging technology and traditional stockmanship makes for an exciting blend of the old and new.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, you will be in a varied role in which you will have the opportunity to utilize multiple skillsets. You will have the opportunity to participate in Station Hand duties as well as general maintenance of the homestead and gardens.
Your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Mustering cattle using horses and bikes;
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry and processing;
- Carrying out general station maintenance and repairs - including fencing & welding;
- Undertaking general vehicle & machinery operation and basic maintenance;
- Assisting with land and environmental management practices;
- Maintaining station gardens and lawns;
- Cleaning of visitors quarters and amenities; and
- General domestic and maintenance duties as required.
- Ongoing training will be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading;
- Sound horsemanship and motorbike skills;
- Fencing, stock water and general maintenance skills;
- Competent operation of various station machinery/equipment and carry out basic maintenance;
- Practical experience in gardening activities, including planting, pruning, trimming, weeding, fertilising, mulching, mowing and watering;
- Experience in general domestic and maintenance duties;
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely;
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain);
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain); and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.