World-class Agribusiness, Grow your Career, Full-Time Position - Commencing February 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has 2 positions available for experienced Station Hands to join our operations at Morney Plains Station, Queensland, in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Morney Plains Station is located in the Channel Country of South West Queensland. Spanning an area of 6,230km2, the property features the intersection of two of the channel country river systems (Diamantina Rover and Farrars Creek).
The station has an average carrying capacity of 11,500 head of cattle. Not only does Morney Plains receive steers from Kidmans northern properties, it also produces its own high-quality Santa Gertrudis calves each year. The property also hosts the Tuli Stud herd and assists with breeding the Coolibah Composite program.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Mustering cattle using horses and bikes;
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry and processing;
- Carrying out general station maintenance and repairs - including fencing & welding;
- Undertaking general vehicle & machinery operation and basic maintenance; and
- Assisting with land and environmental management practices.
- Training will also be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading;
- Sound horsemanship and motorbike skills;
- Fencing, stock water and general maintenance skills;
- Competent operation of various station machinery/equipment and carry out basic maintenance;
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely;
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain);
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain); and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
To apply for this exciting and special job experience, please email your current resume with references to [email protected] quoting SK-MPL-SH-2021
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.