World-class Agribusiness, Would suit a couple - casual domestic & cooking work available for partner, Full-Time Position - Commencing January 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Bore Runner to join our operations at Morney Plains Station, Queensland, in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Morney Plains Station is located in the Channel Country of South West Queensland. Spanning an area of 6,230km2, the property features the intersection of two of the channel country river systems (Diamantina Rover and Farrars Creek).
The station has an average carrying capacity of 11,500 head of cattle. Not only does Morney Plains receive steers from Kidmans northern properties, it also produces its own high-quality Santa Gertrudis calves each year. The property also hosts the Tuli Stud herd and assists with breeding the Coolibah Composite program.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Carrying out Bore runs to check Station watering points and maintain water facilities and pipelines;
- Servicing, maintaining and repairing solar pumps, mono pumps with Kubota motors and submersible pumps with small generators;
- Trough & fencing repairs; and
- General vehicle and workshop maintenance.
- Training will also be provided.
We are accepting applications from couples for this position. There is casual cooking and domestic work available for the Bore Runners partner.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Sound mechanical knowledge of motors & pumps
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to comprehend operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (Heavy Vehicle licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain);
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.