World-class Agribusiness, Leadership Opportunity, Full-Time Position - Commencing January 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting position available for an experienced Head Stockperson to join our operations at Durham Downs Station, Queensland, in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Durham Downs Station is situated in the Channel Country of South West Queensland. The property spans 8,910 km2 and runs approximately 17,000 head of cattle.
Durham Downs has an active, enthusiastic and passionate team who love their work and the animals they care for. In a friendly, inclusive and respectful work environment, all Team members are valued and play an integral role in the successful and smooth running of the station.
About the Role
Commencing in January 2021 and reporting to the Station Manager, the Head Stockperson will assist with planning, implementing and evaluating the livestock program and related station operations.
Your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supervising and undertaking effective and timely herd management, including mustering programs
- Accurate recording of stock numbers for the livestock information system
- Providing leadership, supervision and training of stock camp team members
- Maintaining and developing facilities and improvements
- Monitoring and responding to land and environmental issues; and
- Assisting with purchasing.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading;
- Sound horsemanship and motorbike skills;
- Proven livestock assessment and husbandry experience;
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills;
- A good grasp of technology and computer literacy;
- Ability to promote and maintain safe work practices;
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain);
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain); and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.