Exciting opportunity to join our national Commercial team, Bring your experience and enthusiasm to this permanent position, Challenging, fun, flexible and friendly work environment.
BADGE is an award-winning privately owned commercial construction company with over 35 years experience delivering quality projects across Australia.
We are Australian owned, with a turnover in excess of $350m, and employ over 270 high performing professionals in our offices in Adelaide, Perth, Maroochydore and Brisbane.
Our diverse expertise sees us partner with clients in a wide range of sectors to provide outstanding construction management services on projects valued up to $120m.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Contracts Manager to join our Commercial department based in Adelaide. Reporting to the Group Commercial Manager, this national role assists in providing contract management acumen to our construction, estimating and management teams.
To be successful, you will have comprehensive knowledge, understanding and experience in commercial construction and contracts management. You must have the ability to be able to identify commercial risks and complete contract reviews, providing advice and training as required.
You will be required to deliver commercial workshops on awarded projects, ensuring our project teams are inducted into the head contract conditions thoroughly and efficiently. You must be able to build excellent relationships across all areas of the business and be clear and concise in your communication.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone currently working in a similar position or looking to step away from delivering projects and focus on the commercial aspect of the construction industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the provision of contract and commercial management services to ensure effective implementation across the business to manage commercial risk.
- Mentor, coach, train and develop project teams in best practice contract management, legislation and internal systems compliance.
- Maintain, identify improvements and contribute to the refinement of commercial systems and processes.
- Plan and conduct commercial workshops, ensuring our project teams are inducted into the head contract conditions.
- Provide advice and direction to project teams and management with regard to the effective management of contract and commercial matters.
- Manage the Groups suite of subcontract agreements and make amendments to include updated legislation, procedures, etc.
- Conduct training and auditing across relevant legislation, codes of practice, contract management and relevant systems to ensure Group compliance and development.
You must be able to demonstrate your experience in:
- 2-5 years experience in commercial, contract management, senior contract administration or project management roles
- Understanding of commercial construction processes
- Expertise across contract management, construction law and general contract administration processes
- Proactively building relationships with key stakeholders
- Developing, coaching and mentoring teams
- Working in a constantly challenging and fast-paced environment
A tertiary qualification in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Construction Law or other relevant discipline is required.
What being a BADGER is all about
We pride ourselves on our great workplace culture, so were looking for someone wholl help us hold that bar high while aligning with the vision of our company. Our working environment is supportive, inclusive and fun and were focused on helping our people grow with excellent career development opportunities.
We can offer you:
- An enjoyable, friendly and professional working environment
- Challenging, varied and interesting projects
- Career development, support and progression
- A strong team-focused culture
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexibility for a work life balance
- Opportunity to truly make an impact
We are committed to maintaining a workplace that embraces and celebrates the value of all cultures and backgrounds and embraces inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply for this position.
Our initial process is to recruit for this position ourselves and we ask all Recruitment Agencies to respect this. We advise we will not be accepting any agency emails or phone calls until further notice.