Senior Civil Design Engineer Project Manager
Reference number: 13342
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 29 November 2020
- Temporary Full Time (3-year contract)
- Classified as Band 7
- $98,614.12 - $111,769.73 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 118,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
Positioned within City Development division, this opportunity will see you carry out “hands-on” design, manage design consultants, prepare engineering drawings, estimates, specifications and contract documentation for capital works projects to ensure conformity with Council standards, industry guidelines and the design brief.
You will have extensive knowledge in design and construction principles, contract management and works supervision of capital works projects in compliance with council policies, relevant codes, Australian Standards and industry best practice, and provide mentoring to junior engineers where appropriate. You will be responsible for delivering projects within allocated time and budget.
To be suitable for this position, you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering with several years’ relevant experience in the delivery of municipal scale civil construction projects predominantly involving roads, drains, transport and sustainability projects.
- Relevant experience in with computer aided design, including AutoCAD, Civil3D, Civil Site Design and MUSIC Software
- Sound knowledge of Civil/Traffic Engineering practices and experience with community consultation with respect to Civil/Traffic Engineering Issues.
- Knowledge of WSUD treatment measures. Eligibility for certified membership to Engineers Australia
At Moonee Valley City Council, we provide a number of benefits to our valued employees including:
- Flexible work opportunities
- Local Government Employees Health Plan
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Employee assistance programs / phone or in person counselling services
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
Applications Close: 29/11/2020