Head Teacher of Aviation
- Full time Temporary 12 month contract
- Well-resourced and connected to Industry
- Be part of a dynamic community that values its staff
TAFE NSW is dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of the NSW economy and workforce, offering world class training and education that delivers the skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow. Grow your career in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where you can innovate, create value and proudly play a meaningful role in delivering quality training to the people of NSW.
We are now seeking passionate, an experienced and qualified Head Teacher of Aviation, whom shares in our values of Customer First, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence to join our team in Ultimo. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Head Teacher is responsible for constructing, guiding and enhancing the educational process, delivering educational programs, leading a team of educators and facilitate learning to enable students to achieve their desired outcomes.
The role of the Head Teacher involves a broad range of activities, which directly and indirectly support learning through the delivery of educational programs and include:
- Providing appropriate variety and flexibility in educational practice
- Contributing to decision making that affects the learning environment
- Liaising with local industry, other educational providers and the community to ensure that education and training are relevant and responsive to needs
- Participating cooperatively in the development and implementation of agreed quality improvement processes by reflecting on experience, their own performance and an evaluation of processes and program outcomes.
As a TAFE Head Teacher you will provide educational guidance to lead and develop a team of professional staff members.
Successful applicant will possess;
- Diploma or higher level qualification in a relevant industry to be able to teach in one of the principal areas supervised by the head teacher position; Diploma of Aviation (commercial pilots license); and/or Diploma Aviation (instrument rating) and/or flight instructor qualification and grading.
- A Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
- A Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Demonstrated high level of teaching competence.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with industry and community to identify, plan and implement relevant courses and service.
For full details about the opportunity please review the Position DescriptionandInformation package.
Head Teachers with TAFE NSW benefit from;
- An attractive remuneration
- A diverse role with plenty of challenges
- An opportunity to diversify in an industry you are passionate about
Role Enquiries - Please contactSimon Bolton, Head of Supply Chain and eCommerce via email on [email protected] or (02) 9217 3416
Recruitment Enquiries please contact Jody Roberts, Talent Acquisition Officer 1300 652 786
How to apply;
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Upload copies of your qualifications
- Provide written response to the target questions
Applications close on 16th November at 11.59pm
TAFE NSW is committed to diversity and fosters an inclusive environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this position and we will make any adjustments that you need in the interview process and on the job to help you demonstrate your full potential
You will be required to undertake a national criminal history check and obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit Office of the Childrens Guardian website.
For permanent positions in the NSW Public Sector, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.