Our Lady of Mercy College Australind is a nurturing co-educational secondary College for students from Year 7 to Year 12.
Our Lady of Mercy College is a new and vibrant College, located in Australind.
The Catholic faith, in the Mercy tradition, is at the heart of the College. The guiding philosophy is centred in Embracing Life, Nurturing Faith and Inspiring Learning. We encourage our students to embrace all aspects of life, to nurture their spirituality and to let their natural curiosity inspire deep learning.
To meet the increased demand for student places, the College invites applications for the role of Admissions Officer.
This role assists in the development, implementation and coordination of the Colleges enrolment procedures and processes. The Admissions officer is the first point of contact for potential and future families and therefore must possess outstanding customer service and public relations skills.
We are looking for a highly organised individual, with well-developed administration, customer service and communication skills. In addition, the role will involve tasks such as record keeping, document control, data entry and requires an individual with an eye for detail.
Experience in Marketing or Public Relations will be highly regarded, as the role includes providing assistance with implementing Marketing/Communications related projects and tasks.
This position commences mid-January 2021. An opportunity to commence in Term 4, 2020 on casual basis may be negotiated.
Essential Selection Criteria
The successful person will have;
- A Catholic background or the ability to demonstrate empathy with the Catholic ethos of the College
- Demonstrated experience in customer service with the ability to convert parental enquiries into student placements
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- High level organisation and planning skills
- Demonstrated experience in record keeping and document control
- Well-developed skills using Microsoft Office 365 products
- Ability to manage highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent data entry skills with an emphasis on speed and accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to show initiative within a team context
Desirable Selection Criteria
Given the broad nature of this role, the ideal applicant will be proficient or have a strong interest in two or more of the following areas;
- Demonstrated experience in the enrolment processes in an educational context
- In-depth knowledge of school administration systems such as Maze and SEQTA
- Experience in Marketing and/or Public Relations
- Experience in copywriting and/or proof reading
- Experience in using the Adobe Software Suite
- Knowledge of the print and media processes
- Experience in social media
- Well-developed photography or video skills
- Experience in website construction and/or maintenance
- Event Coordination
- Western Australia Department of Education National Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC)
- Working with Children Screen Check
- Have completed, working towards, or be willing to work towards, 'Accreditation to Work in a Catholic School'. Additional information can be found here: CEWA Limited Accreditation Framework
Monday to Friday, 8.30am 3.30pm (negotiable).
81.75% FTE (44 weeks per year, including 1 week during each school holiday break).
Some afterhours work may be required from time to time.
Level 2 -3, $53,153 - $60,688 (Full time equivalent)
Award: Administrative and Technical Officers EBA
How to Apply
All applicants must complete an Application Form including the relevant attachments required to be considered for any position.
Applications must be submitted before 1.00pm (WST) on Monday 16 November 2020.
Please ensure that you allow sufficient time to submit your application, as late applications may not be accepted.