Are you looking to progress your career in 2020, Bring your hands on skills to add value to our Retirement Village, Opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation committed to creating spaces.
We are looking for a hands on Grounds Officer (Gardener) to join our team at Donvale Retirement Village, based in VIC. As our friendly onsite Grounds Officer, you will be kept on your feet assisting across a variety of gardening tasks ensuring the continued comfort, safety and enjoyment of our village residents.
This is a permanent part time role, working Monday to Thursday from 8:30am 4:30pm & Friday from 8:30am 1pm. We are flexible on how the days and hours can be made up for the right applicant.
Your tasks will include:
- Assuming responsibility for the everyday maintenance and presentation of the village
- Preventative and seasonal garden maintenance
- Responding to garden requests submitted by residents
- Special gardening projects as directed including planting new shrubs and other plants
- Mowing lawns and doing the edges to an exceptional standard
- Watering of common garden beds
- Timely and quality irrigation placement, and maintenance
- Care and maintenance of gardening equipment
- Ensuring all communal areas are tidy and well-maintained, removing rubbish and garden waste
- Timely and regular reporting to the Village Manager
- Other ad hoc tasks
What you will bring to the role:
We are looking for someone with hands on experience in a similar type of role. You will have clear communication and good people skills.
- Relevant gardening experience and knowledge of plants
- Strong attention to detail
- Appreciation for OH&S and legislative compliance and practices
- Alignment to Stockland values and culture
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about what they do, enjoys variety and would like to make a real difference in our retirement village.
The Stockland Proposition
At Stockland we are a community delivering outcomes that benefit the community at large. We work collaboratively and inclusively, building strong working relationships. Our portfolio is diverse and so are the opportunities for professional and career development. We are committed to providing our people with broad experiences to build a successful career.
We recognise the importance of flexibility and work life-quality and over 80% of our employees have informal or formal flexible work arrangements. Additionally, Stockland has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds and we want our teams to reflect this.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Benefits include free to access or subsidised lifestyle, health, well-being and financial services products.
Due to the permanent nature of this role, we can only accept applications from Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Open Work Visa holders with more than 12 months validity from their role start date.
As part of the recruitment process, you will need to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment to assess your ability to perform the requirements of the role.
Apply today Stockland it's your place.