NEW SOUTH WALES BASKETBALL
New South Wales Basketball is the governing body of basketball in the state of NSW, Australia. Our vision is for basketball to be the sport of choice in NSW by leading the growth, promotion and participation of basketball by supporting our community at all levels.
This roles provides support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer by identifying strategically grant opportunitires across a wide range of grantors and working collaboratively across the organisation to develop and submit comprehensive grant proposals.
- to systematically grow our revenue from philanthropic, corporate and government grants. You will generate revenue from grants to fund our programs and identify and research high-value prospects for sponsorships, partnerships and major gifts.
- to work with the extended basketball community to help identify and research a range of high value funding opportunities.
- for preparing and submitting outstanding applications for all eligible grants, and producing high quality impact reports and acquittals for all grants received.
- experience writing philanthropic grant applications.
- experience in major donor, bequest fundraising and/or key account management is preferred.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Cheif Financial Officer
- Senior Leadership Team
- Our affiliated members (associations)
ARE YOU INVOLVED IN OTHER BASKETBALL ACTIVITIES
if yes that's great and we encourage our staff to be actively involved in the game in other capacities, such as coaching, being a team manager, refereeing, right through to just being a fan.
We get it and we understand it, as basketball runs through the veins for a lot of our staff members.
The successful applicant can continue to undertake these activities in their own time, but this must be disclosed at the time of applying for the role and must not present conflicts of interest in this role.
When you become part of the basketball family, many networking opportunities present themselves and an opportunity may present itself to you that you would like to pursue. However, before accepting any such position(s), you will need to gain approval from Basketball NSW first. You may be required to demonstrate that the position(s) will not interfere with your employment and will in no way create a conflict of interest between the external position and your role at Basketball NSW.
If permission to undertake the requested appointment is granted, and will require leave, the only form of leave from duties that will be made available to undertake is either annual leave or leave without pay.
This is a part time role (2-3 days per week), with the possibility of addtional days during busy grant application periods.
Applications for this role are now open. To apply for this position, you need to:
- Include a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
- Provide your resume, outlining your skills and experience.
Applications close: Monday 23rd November 2020