About the business
Heart are a progressive business services firm who provide smart solutions to small and medium sized businesses in Australia. We embrace all things Xero and are excited by what cloud accounting is doing for our clients.
We don't do income tax and we don't do financial statements. Instead we create beautiful pre-accounting files that our accounting partners just love! We choose to focus our energy in the now of what is happening in our client's business and offer support to help them make smarter financial decisions.
We have a steadily growing team who work both in our modern CBD office and remotely, and we support our people in achieving their individual work/life goals.
About the role
You will be a good fit for Heart if you are passionate about business! No more preparing tax returns 6-12 months after the fact. Instead you prefer to get up close and personal with business owners to help them understand how the numbers can drive their business forward.
You will play an integral role in our future growth plans by becoming the key contact for our existing clients and being the first point of contact for new prospects, including discussing their pain points and delivering bookkeeping solutions.
You will be a confident accountant and will have the support of a technical team and production team to help you deliver on-time, every time and provide the best customer experience for your clients.
You will report directly to the business owner, a Chartered Accountant with 15+ years experience running various businesses and who is ready to help you move your career to the next level.
Some travel to client premises will be required so access to a reliable vehicle is essential.
Benefits and perks
We offer a flexible and friendly work environment where your contribution will be recognised and celebrated.
Heart strive to provide a workplace which is supportive of both your career and personal goals and we will assist financially with professional and personal development opportunities that contribute to your soft and technical skill set.
This role has been advertised as full-time but we could also accommodate a 4 day week, 9 day fortnight or shorter work days.
Skills and experience
Our non-negotiables include the following:
- A passion for business!
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to communicate complex concepts in a way that makes sense to your client.
- 3+ years Accounting/Bookkeeping experience
- University level Accounting/Business qualification or Certificate IV in Bookkeeping with strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping and ability to interpret financial statements.
- Hands-on experience with Xero and/or other cloud based accounting packages and confidence in quickly finding your way around new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build respectful relationships with clients and colleagues.