Department of Education Western Australia
Independent Public School - North Metropolitan Education Region
Spring Hill Primary School
Cleaner In Charge
Level 3, $1,030.90 - $1,045.50 (pro-rata) per week (GS (Misc.) GA 2019)
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic person with experience and a strong focus in cleaning standards and practices
Spring Hill Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, positive, enthusiastic and
reliable Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team.
The Cleaner in Charge ensures school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedure. They will organise and order stock and equipment as well as manage hazardous materials and the Material Safety Data Sheets.
The successful applicant will organise rosters and relief for staff on leave. They will manage cleaners time books and organise on the job training of new and current cleaning staff. They will work as a team with school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
Cleaning teams are made up of a wide variety of nationalities and with that comes complex issues. An effective cleaner in charge will understand how to bring those complexities together to encourage a positive team environment. The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience leading a cleaning team. The abilities to lead and develop a team and create a cohesive team environment where the team works together would be desirable.
Spring Hill Primary School is an Independent Public School located in the northern suburb of Tapping.
We foster a school environment where our students display respect for themselves, others and have a strong sense of belonging and community. We strive to create a culture of intrinsically motivated students and encourage and promote excellence in the academic, sporting and the arts areas.
We invest in our people and the result is a team of staff members who are highly qualified and committed. Our teachers form a highly effective professional learning community that is continually reflecting on its performance as we relentlessly strive for improvement. Our efforts are supported by an active school community that works with us as we strive for excellence in all aspects of school life.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Spring Hill Primary School please visit www.springhillps.wa.edu.au [link removed] or Schools Online [link removed].
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Feast, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6207 3800 or emailing j[email protected] [link removed]
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the Apply for Job button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Departments induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Departments training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 12 November 2020
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
ATTACHMENTS: - applicant resource - how to write a cv and covering letter nov18.pdf [link removed]
- applicant resource - information for applicants mar2020.pdf [link removed]
- endorsed jdf - generic - cleaner in charge - l3 - aug 2017.pdf [link removed]
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader [link removed].
WORK TYPE: Permanent - Full Time