Well-rounded exposure, Supportive coaching environment, Office and site based.
Location: Flexible- Rockhampton or Jilalan
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Remuneration Offered
About the role: Continue to build upon your Graduate Engineering foundation with this Site Engineer role within our Civil Infrastructure section. Working a 50/50 mix of field and office work, this role will see you develop your project management skills as you are exposed to Civil Renewal projects throughout the CQCN (Central QLD Coal Network). Planning and executing works such as asset renewals and third party projects, you will work closely with the Site Supervisor to scope out the project and see it though to completion.
- Under some direction and guidance, organise and plan the technical aspects of civil projects including the design and preparation of user requirement specifications, material and component specifications, safety in design requirements for new and altered works.
- Under some direction and guidance, design, checking and auditing of civil systems submitted by design team and or external providers.
- Organise and prepare the associated documentation, user requirements, system requirements, installation procedures, verification and validation, testing and commissioning, asset handover, type approval, maintenance procedures for (qualification) systems.
- Under some guidance and direction, ensure that civil designs produced conform to business and industry best practice.
About you: We are seeking a qualified Civil Engineer who has ideally completed a Graduate role and is looking to expand their exposure. Highly motivated and keen to learn, you will show enthusiasm in your approach to work. Working with Senior Engineers, who are keen to share their knowledge, you will take this opportunity and make it your own.
- Substantial skill in the development of technical, design, construction and maintenance engineering solutions, and the application of new technology and techniques.
- High level of skill in communication to effectively liaise with other sections, external providers, suppliers, regulatory authorities, users and trade staff in the introduction of new technologies and techniques.
- High level of skill in planning and undertaking professional work without direct supervision and in exercising initiative in the application of professional practices and to take responsibility for project deliverables.
- High level of interpersonal, written and communication, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Sound skill in developing and implementing standards and procedures for engineering systems and networks.
- Sound skill in the design and checking of engineering systems and designs including a proven track record of resolving problems to improve overall performance.
- Sound skill in developing and controlling estimates, budgets and programs
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.