Become a market leading energy analyst, Fast track skill development with a high performing team, Work with some of Australia's leading organisations.
Who is 1circle
1circle is a specialist energy manager formed in 2012 to achieve greater energy sustainability for large properties, precincts, and asset portfolios.
1circles solution involves advice, management, and implementation of more sustainable, cheaper and future-proofed electrical solutions to improve clients impact on the environment, public perception, occupant experience, yield and cost.
1circle has become an influential and growing force in the Property market in designing and implementing integrated sustainable energy solutions and working closely with Australias largest property developers and property trusts, leading independent, Catholic and Public schools.
Example achievements include:
- Australias largest school solar PV system
- Australias first zero net carbon school
- Australias first building supplies business achieving zero net carbon
- Victorias first Council-wide emissions tracker
- Australias first portfolio-wide ecological energy master planning program
- Worlds most sustainable shopping centre Burwood Brickworks
- One of Australias largest solar commercial solar implementations
About the role
The Energy analyst role is a core team member and is critical in the development of insight into how our customers use energy by either using actual data or developing a forecast for a new project to then match and achieve an optimum commercial and technical solution.
The main activities the Energy analyst will perform are:
- Appraisal (including technical and financial analysis), procurement and performance evaluation of large and small-scale Tier 1 Solar PV systems, LED lighting upgrades, Air-conditioning additions and advanced energy management and demand control systems
- Change of Retail energy supply agreements including fixed price, spot-price and power purchase agreements
- Summarise and develop insights into the load profile of existing buildings
- Develop projected forecast loads for new and modified buildings
- Establish the cost profile of a building with different network and retail tariffs
- Business case preparation and summarise analysis with reports that successfully communicate with executive and senior client management using MS Sharepoint, Word, and PowerPoint
- Develop plans to achieve zero net emission outcomes
- Develop and lead presentations
- Co-ordinate client correspondence and project reporting
- Bachelors degree in economics, engineering and/or other quantitative or technical fields
- Previous consulting/analyst experience in the energy industry (3 4 years)
- Experience working with numerical data including large data sets
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Power BI dashboard and modelling using DAX language (essential)
- Highly proficient user of MS Excel, including Power Query M language and Power Pivot
- Highly proficient in using MS SharePoint, Groups and Teams
Learning and development
The role involves continual development to keep up-to-date with new technologies, commercial structures, and changing Regulatory and customer priorities.
We require and encourage further learning as part of day-to-day work.
Compensation and terms
This is a full-time permanent role based in our South Melbourne office.
Full working rights is mandatory.
Salary range $70,000-$90,000 plus superannuation
We actively support ongoing learning and development and personalised training.
Applications close on Friday 4th December 2020.