Permanent Full Time Positions, Enjoy A Rostered Day Off per fortnight, Lead the WHS function at Council.
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The Work Health & Safety team is responsible for ensuring our people go home, as safely as they arrive to work each day. Our WHS people work with the business to identify areas of risk, ensuring that we put in place appropriate mitigation strategies to keep our people safe.
About the role
As the Safety Coordinator, you will provide WHS leadership to management. Working with the Manager, you will develop and implement plans, guidelines and policies to promote and embed an organisation wide culture of safe work practices.
The role will also play an important role in working with our Business Improvement Team to implement a holistic WHS change programme across Council. This exciting project will see a new Safety Management System, new WHS technology solution and a focus on creating and embedding a safety culture at Council.
You can also expect to:
- Provide expert advice to staff and Councils leadership team on WHS legal requirements including obligations under WHS Legislation.
- Facilitate and or conduct Workplace Health and Safety System and Compliance Audits and internal WHS Audit processes
- Manage the development of WHS policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date, relevant, disseminated across the organisation and compliant in terms of records management/privacy compliance
We are looking for someone who has:
- A bachelors degree or Post Graduate qualification in WHS and/or a relevant management discipline
- Proven safety experience gained in a similar role within a complex operating environment
- Ability to analyse complex problems, and deliver solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Effective organisational, planning and task prioritisation skills with a high attention to detail
Our benefits and culture
As an organisation, we pride ourselves in offering a flexible working environment centred on delivering great outcomes for our customers, whether internal or external. The Business Improvement and Organisational Development team have a strong culture of collaboration and delivering exciting new initiatives.
On top of the competitive salary, our people enjoy:
- A Rostered Day Off every fortnight.
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year (pro-rata)
- 15 days sick leave each year.
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave from your sick leave balance each year.
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role outlined in the position description.
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd November,
Salary Range: $109,494 - $122,633 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.