PART-TIME 2 DAYS PER WEEK
Western Private Hospital (WPH), is a boutique private hospital servicing the West of Melbourne, has 68 inpatient beds and provides a broad mix of specialties including bariatric, colorectal, endoscopy, gastroenterology, gynaecology, oncology, ophthalmology, oral max, orthopaedic, plastics, vascular and urology and general surgery for both medical and surgical patients.
About the Role
The Administration Assistant (Quality & Document Support) is a highly valued team member who reports the Quality & Risk Manager. The position is responsible for ensuring consultation with document owners and key stakeholders, tracking and finalisation and uploading to the Documentation Management system the final approved document. The role will also support Quality activities such as overseeing Consumer Feedback, Riskman Incident Reporting and quarterly Quality and Safety committee meeting agenda and minute preparation.
You are a highly organised and self-motivated individual with excellent understanding of healthcare, administration, computer systems and quality document systems, who has an understanding of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards and someone who can manage their time and be flexible with their workloads and ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work, work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a great work ethic, positive can-do attitude with high attention to detail
- Relevant experience in an administration / document control support role in the health sector or similar
- Have a sensitive approach to a range of confidential issues, demonstrate assertiveness while maintaining good relationships and have the demonstrated ability to liaise effectively at all levels
- Be highly systematic in the organisation of work and have the ability to manage competing demands and changing priorities within stringent time lines
- High level of computer and documentation business written skills including ability to draft policies, procedures, work instructions and templates of a high standard
- A good understanding and ability to successfully comply with the NSQHS Standards, documentation and accreditation requirements is highly desirable
Benefits of Working at WPH include:
- Great people and friendly work environment with supportive management
- Specific-on-the-job training, induction and orientation
- Close proximity to public transport
- Access to a range of health & well-being initiatives, staff discounts and benefits
CLOSING DATE: 4th December 2020 (or earlier if position is filled)
We are looking to start immediately and will be interviewing suitable candidates as they apply.
All offers of employment are subject to those who have a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Card and evidence of Australian Citizenship or full working rights in Australia.
It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.
WPH is an equal opportunity employer and committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ community to apply.