As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
As a member of the Australian Business Development & Marketing team, this role is focused on supporting the implementation of the firm’s international BD and marketing plans. With KWM’s unique value proposition – being the only global top-tier Asian law firm – this role is instrumental in supporting the firm’s success in our key markets outside of Australia.
Amongst other key areas of responsibility, you will work alongside members the Australian Business Development team and a group of partners who are focussed on growing the firm’s international business. You will support the implementation of international business development activities by providing assistance with key activities such as client and market research, cross border bids and proposals, and working closely with the Head of Cross-Border Business Development to support and contribute to the growth of the firm’s International practice.
This exciting opportunity represents a chance to develop your career in a broad business development role with recognised leaders in their field, where you'll be both challenged by and exposed to a number of development opportunities.
For further information and a full position description please visit careers.mallesons.com
What experience are we looking for
As well as possessing a passion for BD & Marketing and a commitment to how we can contribute to enhancing the client experience, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Law, or Arts (preferred)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- High attention to detail, plus strong writing skills and a flair for language and visual presentation
- Passionate about our external and internal clients’ success
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a large, multi-layered team, to work collaboratively and be a ‘team player’
- Curious and willing to learn and interested in professional development opportunities
- Ability to support the production of high quality written communications
- Ability to undertake research tasks and apply analytical skills
- Advanced software skills notably Office 2013, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Sound understanding of client management databases and software (desirable)
Why work with us
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work and Grow.
How to apply
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.