Permanent Part-time position, Proud not-for-profit, values-based union located in West End, Competitive salary of $80,750.41 (FTE) + 15% super with excellent benefits.
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives' Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 64,000 members. We have over 170 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Graphic Designer to join our Communications team on a permanent part-time basis working five (5) days per fortnight (0.5FTE). In this position you will report to the Senior Communications Officer and be responsible for assisting with the design of QNMU publications and member materials (print and digital), to ensure content is presented in an attractive, accessible and engaging manner that is consistent with the tone, look and feel of our organisation and/or the relevant campaign, and preserves the integrity of our organisational branding.
You will also work closely with the Communications team and may also collaborate with other teams across the organisation and external stakeholders as necessary.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:-
- Demonstrated professional level print-publication graphic design skills and professional level proficiency with Adobe Suite programs InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Demonstrated sound level written and verbal communication skills coupled with sound level interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media, specifically Facebook
- Website design and management is a plus (but not essential)
- Photography and videography experience is desirable (but not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and take a collaborative approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, establish priorities, use initiative and be proactive in raising and dealing with issues
- Demonstrated ability to take directions and follow organisational protocols
- Demonstrated commitment to QNMUs values, purpose and trade unionism in general.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care. The role offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Professional development;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit.
Closing date: 4pm, Tuesday 17th November 2020